Is it me or...

Fuzzz

you
Lately I see more and more negative threads against the People's Republic of China.
The following are examples from threads which were visited and had at least one reply today (June 21st).

*Toothpaste From China Containing Harmful Chemical
*China beats US at pollution.
*To arms! China is plotting against us!

I wonder if there's a reason for this. Is there a massive anti-China media propaganda going on in some of the US's media (read: FOX, CNN, other American right-winged media)?

No its because the peoples republic of China is evil. To arms all americans. FIght for your country.

Lately I see more and more negative threads against the People's Republic of China.

I'd say that because China is becoming a bigger and bigger player on the world scene.

The following are examples from threads which were visited and had at least one reply today (June 21st).

Well that's true. And when you factor in the major screw-up on pet food that killed hundreds of pets, and the SNAFU about the medicines that killed hundreds of people in South America, I think there is a legitimate concern about the lack of regulation and control over Chinese exports.

That's also a fact, and one that does not come as a big surprise, since that was known for quite some time. You're bound to pollute a lot with over 1 billion people, especially if you're trying to reach Western standards of living.

Now THAT's propaganda :)

I wonder if there's a reason for this. Is there a massive anti-China media propaganda going on in some of the US's media (read: FOX, CNN, other American right-winged media)?

Not massive. As I pointed out, only 1 out of the 3 threads you quoted seems to be "propaganda" (and I use quotes).

But who wouldn't be concerned about losing their #1 position?

And the reason there is so much anti-PRC propaganda is that the US empire
knows it's grip is slipping, and warning the West not to trade with the reds.

As if the regime in China is really communist in all but name.
The same way the USA is not about liberty, bar the name.

EDITED!

I think it's healthy to be concerned about the growing influence of China on the world stage, both economically and politically. But I do share your anxiety over the evolution of this concern into outright paranoia...

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” Mahatma Gandhi

Its a normal response to be weary of the threats they cannot understand or truly fear.

The same thing happened to Japan 20 years ago when their corporations was found to be buying large pieces of USA and suddenly, all the evil Japanese Yakuzas, wrestler, gangster movies all starting to appear. But when there is a larger threat, Japan once again becomes a friend and trusted allies, forgetting the events that happened 20 or 50 years ago.

Likewise when Bush first becoming the president and calling China a strategic competitor but after 9/11. They found that they need china support and it suddenly became Strategic partner.

I don't like sleazy governments nor people. Right now, China has plenty of both. (A preemptive so does America too, thanks for reminding everyone).

I would show a slight distaste more for China because of recent news mainly.

No its because the peoples republic of China is evil. To arms all americans. FIght for your country.

and you've never considered your country's evil?

they use lead based paint on our toys too. It was on the noghtly news a couple of days ago. =) And quit complaining about nothing, because I have to deal with that crap from most of my friends. Ahh the joy of loving your country...what happened to thee? *sigh*

they use lead based paint on our toys too. It was on the noghtly news a couple of days ago.

When they mess with Thomas the Tank Engine I start to get pissed. My kids should be able to gnaw on Percy, Gordon and James with the expectation that he is eating latex based paint not lead based paint.

Let me ask you somethin:D -Is there any positive thread that anyone can make on the behalf of the People's Republic of China?;)

Top Bottom