1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it normal to finish the tech and civics tree around turn 300

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Vasil, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Vasil

Vasil Chieftain

I played on King and Emperor so far and in all games I finish the civics and tech tree around turn 300. Is this as designed? I don't even focus on tech too much or at least don't focus on tech only.

I find it very odd if so. On Civ 5 there were cases where even by the end of the game I didn't finish the tech tree.

2. kamex

kamex Emperor

Nope, its normal to finish the game before then! X)

HF22 likes this.
  3. historix69

historix69 Emperor

Science scales with empire size. If you have 4 cities, you maybe may not finish the techtree in time. If you have 10, 50 or 100 cities (from conquest), you rush through tech/civic tree. So it depends a lot on map size, aggressive/defensive playstyle and districts-priority (Campus) ... in a wide empire, population contributes a lot to science ...

There are mods which allow you to customize tech costs (and other costs) per era ...
    e.g. see here
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/tech-cost-mods.617813/
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ultralong-mod-marathon-on-huge-map.617694/

4. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

waaay.. before then. And finishing the tech and civic trees usually happens well before a VC.

craney1987 and HF22 like this.
  5. Vasil

Vasil Chieftain

Well ... I mostly play by my Civ V habits. Won a culture victory on turn 316 on Emperor.

6. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Emperor

T160~170 is an average time (standard speed) I think.

In order not to cause misunderstanding, I'm just talking about my average.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  7. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

On standard speed? I'm guessing I'm not too far from average, and I think I'm usually on track to finish the trees between 200 and 300 (although the game's usually over before the trees are completed).

craney1987 likes this.
  8. craney1987

craney1987 Warlord

I agree. I'm not really sure what average is, but I feel like finishing both trees prior to turn 200 is above average. 300 does sound very late though

WillowBrook likes this.