1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it normal to take 15-20 minutes before a MOD is selectable in start-up?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by shadowzoid, Aug 4, 2011.

1. shadowzoid

shadowzoid Chieftain

When I dl a mod, even if I install and enable it, I have to wait about 15-20 min before I am able to see the mod in the start-up screen. Is this normal? How do I fix this? It's happened with Terra Nostra, US Civil War, and Avatar: The Last AIrbender.

2. Spatzimaus

Spatzimaus Mad Scientist

First of all, wrong forum. Questions go in the main C&C forum; I've alerted the moderators to move it.

Second, no, that's not normal, but it's a known issue. If you do something that affects the list of installed mods (install a new mod, build your own mod) it doesn't always update. The easiest way to fix this is to exit the game entirely and restart it; it'll update the list at that point.

Third, just be aware: many mods on the Mod Browser don't work. The in-game browser has no ability to distinguish out-of-date mods from currently supported ones, so use them at your own risk.

3. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Moderator Action: Thread moved.