Is It Possible to Have 1 Million Gold by Turn 300?

MarigoldRan

WARLORD
Just wondering.

Probably: Persia?

Since the AI is not much of a threat in this game, we should have a "hilarious challenges list" where the goal is to mess with the mechanics so outrageously that we end up with obscene numbers of something.

That way the game can actually provide a challenge past the first 30 turns.

I can't see 1 million being reached but it would be interesting to see what the highest amount of gold people have ever got to pre-T300.

From memory, mine is probably around the 35,000 and that is only with Big Ben.

Why not??? Plenty of ways to abuse the Deity AI when dealing with gold trades. So it boils down to the rules... if no rules it shouldn't be very hard.

Without abusing the AI trade deal bugs, I doubt it.

The Cree would be best for trying, though.

It was really someone trying this "gold victory" at beginning of the month, on our forum. But the target was 200,000, totally peaceful, and achieved by T206, with Cree.

Have you abandoned Nubia for Persia Marigold?

It was more of the other way around. You must have been AFK during my "Persia phase."

[Persian archers are like Nubian archers, except with 5 less strength and 1 more movement. Except that at that time I was fascinated by the immortals, which are awesome, too]

Are you implying that I should start posting about Persia again? Because I can, and I remember I very much enjoyed doing so.

I think it's no sense if play as warmonger. Just kick out all opponents early, get 500,000 gold, then double it with big ben. In late game, copper/crab worth 600, each city can get 1 neighborhood gold 500~800, if you take the whole world it can provide nearly half. The left 250,000 means 2500 gpt in 100 turns, we have colony tax+kilwa+merchant legacy+robber barons+casa to privide huge scalar(200%+), so it seems really not a big challenge.

Try to do it on a tiny map and by turn 200.

I think it's no sense if play as warmonger. Just kick out all opponents early, get 500,000 gold, then double it with big ben. In late game, copper/crab worth 600, each city can get 1 neighborhood gold 500~800, if you take the whole world it can provide nearly half. The left 250,000 means 2500 gpt in 100 turns, we have colony tax+kilwa+merchant legacy+robber barons+casa to privide huge scalar(200%+), so it seems really not a big challenge.

I can't see 1 million being reached but it would be interesting to see what the highest amount of gold people have ever got to pre-T300.

From memory, mine is probably around the 35,000 and that is only with Big Ben.

I've gotten over 100,000 gold after building Big Ben before, but that was an epic speed game, possibly on a large map. I believe it was equivalent to turn 300 proportionally with epic speed settings. Cree was the Civ I was playing.

I think around 130k is my max ever gold. I would think 1 mil would break the game. :D I know, it's not like 90's games where large values would break games, often multiples of 256.

Top Bottom