[C3C] Is it possible to hide the map in the scenario menu?

md4

Warlord
I've made a custom map for my son to try out, but I was hoping there was a way to select and load it without revealing anything beyond your starting location (perhaps just showing the --No Preview Available-- message on scenarios that are just rule changes).

I toyed with Fog of War to no effect. No other setting seemed to apply.

Under "Scenario properties: Game options" there is a check-box labelled 'Reveal entire map'. If that box is un-checked, then the map-screen will be fogged at game start.

However (and AFAIK), there is no way to prevent the game from displaying the 'minimap' version of a premade map when the associated .biq is highlighted in the 'Civ-Content' menu.

What happens, when the screen graphic for the map in the Civ Content and Conquests menue would be deleted - but I haven´t found the location for that graphic.

What happens, when the screen graphic for the map in the Civ Content and Conquests menue would be deleted - but I haven´t found the location for that graphic.
I would suspect that the preview is constructed 'on the fly', using the same .biq information (tile co-ordinates + terrain-type) and coding as is used to construct the minimap in-game.

It's quite likely that the minimap is generated—@tjs282 beat me to it.

For now, we're content for me to start up the game and he jumps in once we get to the choose-your-civilisation screen. Low tech, but it gets the job done. Now I just have to hope it's an enjoyable map. He wanted a pangaea so I made it divided down the middle by a mountain range, each side has its own balance of resources: east has horses but no iron; vice versa for the west. East is mostly desert, so there will be fighting over the floodplains & oasis tiles; west is grassland heavy but lacking production and strategic resources. It might be fun, or it might be a complete unbalanced washout.

if am getting this right , you want to remove the minimap like at the bottom left corner . ı don't know whether it is my version but ı like to discover things while "invading" foreign countries and ı avoid map exchanges . But when the Al is building a wonder ı want myself (culture or two free sciences) ı will press the delete button on the keyboard , establish an embassy if it is not in place and investigats the particular city to discover how many turns . Will return to regular after reloading the save , press delete again . So , ı can't exactly remember whether the units commands on the screen also disappear .

edit : Well , ı should have read better ...

Sorry, I should have been clearer about which "minimap" I was referring to, and how much of an edge case it is. I've been playing Civilization 3 since release and this is the first time I've ever used the Scenario (or "Civ-Content") menu.

no , it was clear enough in the first post . ı had been busy writing stuff .

Top Bottom