[R&F] Is it possible to keep that city that is getting -20 Loyalty per turn?

Leathaface

Emperor
I'm thinking if you got the Diplomatic card where Governors gives +2 Loyalty per turn and the Military card where a garrisoned unit gives +2 Loyalty per turn, plus of course having a Governor in the city by itself gives extra loyalty per turn. (Amani more with the right promotions)

Maybe if you harvested resources too to boost your population very quickly? What other methods are there to boost loyalty?

Extra amenities gives +3 or +6.

There's a policy card that gives +3 (I think) for cities on continents that your capital is not on.

There are a couple of great admirals (and maybe a great general or two?) that give permanent extra loyalty to the city they're retired in.

If you capture an entertainment district (or have it built already in a nearby city or chop it quickly), run bread and circuses project.

And of course, you could also capture the foreign cities that are exerting the pressure.

I've founded cities in places marked -20. With extra amenities, a governor, and some other source of a few more loyalty points, loyalty falls slowly enough to give time for the city to grow and to otherwise improve the situation.

If there is a bread and circuses project you can run that would help but it is rather unlikely. It is great to capture a city with an entertainment square.

Planning to conquer or settle nearby is the better way to save it I think.
I would not buy buildings unless I was sure that would tip in in my favour

I usually do not try to save it. If it is very early in the game you can buy some builders to improve around and then when it flips you plunder for culture, science, faith and healing while saving away the builders with one charge left. When you retake the city you fix those tiles and then continue the cycle.

I was literally just able to pull off this scenario .settled on -20 site .

I immediately tossed the castellan in there as he has the quickest time to establish- only 3 turns.
Rushed a monument too .got the penalty offset quickly but that wasn't the problem.

It was an 11 turn slog from my nearest city to supply it. I just couldn't hold it against the Khmer who were quite obviously pissed that I'd settled on there doorstep.

Beautiful site too for Aussies .2 horse, sheep, matterhorn, river .

Sigh....

Governor give loyalty per turn immediately after you assign them to a city, you don't have to wait for them to arrive.

Bring a settler. Or two. Found a nearby city or two. Especially if there's wheat or jungle nearby so you can chop in population.

The greater the population of your neighbouring cities the more you exhert your own loyalty pressure

*edit post for clarity

Governor give loyalty per turn immediately after you assign them to a city, you don't have to wait for them to arrive.
However to get loyalty from the Praetorium card you need to have the established governor so Victor can be useful here

Top Bottom