1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to limit total city count?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Miuna, Aug 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Miuna

Miuna Chieftain

In my mod i had settlers disabled as the extremely long turns was annoying, but also it was annoying that if your raised a city another computer would settle where it was within seconds, it made winning conquest a chore.
    I found this worked well, i recently added the ability to have 1 extra settler, giving you that extra city, i also have found raging barbarians fun, however, AI go around capturing barbarian cities so much they end up with like 12 cities really early, is there a way to limit their city count to say 5? From there they cannot capture/only raise cities? It's probably asking too much but i think 4 or 5 cities is more than enough and i mostly keep it limited to inland maps only or maps like Islands (where everyone starts with a sea based city anyway).

Thanks in advanced, i am sure i found a guide for something similar some months ago but can't for the life of me find it now.

2. GreatLordofPie

GreatLordofPie Warlord

You could set a hard limit on the number of settlers that can be built per game in "CIV4UnitClassInfos.xml"

3. Miuna

Miuna Chieftain

Unfortunately this way doesn't stop Ai capturing numerous barbarian cities, I initially had done this but they went barbarian capturing mad, which is okay for a bit but it really creates a imbalance and slows everything down. My current standing only plan is to massively cut the rate barbarians settle, but i do enjoy the odds of cities spawning and such, so it would be sad to have to do that.