1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to post more than 1 poll question in the same thread?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Stalker0, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Is it possible for me to make a thread with 5 poll questions, instead of making 5 separate threads?

2. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

3. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I'm working on a mod, and wanted to guage people thoughts around a number of topics. I could make each poll into its own thread, but it would be more efficient to just do it in 1 thread where people answer 5 questions.

4. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

How many options are you intending per question? My current understanding is that a poll allows for 30 options (increased from the previous default to accommodate the more complicated Iron Pen writing competitions in the Arts & Entertainment forum).

5. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

6. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

Here is the closest example of how I handled this sort of situation for Iron Pen. We had a poetry challenge, in which each contestant was asked to write 6 poems (they had a choice of 6 out of 10 types of poems): Iron Pen 5 poll #1

The way the scoring works is that each "question" (poem people were asked to read and score) had 5 choices. That meant I needed to be able to offer a total of 30 options per poll, so I asked Petek to increase the default to accommodate that.

There was a separate poll for the other contestant. I'd have needed 60 options for both contestants to be in the same poll. I don't know if XenForo can do that, and I'm certainly not planning on doing any polls that need 60 options.

It would have been MUCH easier if I'd been able to do a multiple-question poll so both contestants could have been on the same poll, and it would have cut down on possible confusion since each question would read like a heading, rather than one of the choices - much easier to read and understand.

The forum where this activity originated over 10 years ago was a UBB forum, and it did have multiple-question capability built into the polling feature... and that was absolutely wonderful. The polls were very easy to follow, and not difficult to set up.

Has anyone said anything about this on the support forum? There might be a workaround available.