1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to raise land under base?

Discussion in 'Alpha Centauri' started by md4, Jul 13, 2020.

1. md4

md4 Warlord

Rising sea levels are about to sink one of my bases. While I have already built a Pressure Dome, is it possible to prevent the base from sinking in the first place? So far my attempts to raise adjacent tiles do not have any effect.

2. Agent Miles

Agent Miles Chieftain

I raise land all the time. Your transformer won't work inside a base or on a base tile itself, if perhaps that is what you are trying. However a transformer next to a base should be able to raise the tile it is on and then the adjacent tiles too, base included.

Pfeffersack likes this.
  3. md4

md4 Warlord

No, I had my Formers raising the land on the adjacent SW/NE tiles to the base, which appeared to raise everything in the vicinity except the base tile, which remained at 10m. I reloaded a save prior to the terraforming and decided to just complete the Pressure Dome instead and live with it.

When I eventually got the notice of sea levels changing, the base was now higher than it was before, and no other change to coastal tiles was apparent. It was very odd. Is the rising/lowering sea levels mechanic somewhat bugged in SMAC, perhaps?

4. Agent Miles

Agent Miles Chieftain