Is it possible to re-use a map?

ABPoobah

Chieftain
Hi,

This is a bit of a derpy first post, but I started a game and got a really nice map only to discover after a few turns that I hadn't unchecked OCC from my last game, so I can't expand :( It's totally my fault, but is there any way I can keep the map and restart, or remove the OCC flag from my game?

Thanks.

When you click save game, there is a button in the lower left that says "save map". I dont think it saves starting locations, enemy civs, or resources though. (Natural wonders yes).

Saves all terrian features including resources and National wonders,
If you use the saved map straight from the set up game screen you won't get any goody huts (ancient ruins), you have to load the map in world builder first and select enable them.
Search the forum about World builder as it's bugged and you need a work around.
But if you are using the map for a later era start then no worries.
cheers
John

Oops forgot to add all start locations will be reshuffed so thatyou will have to keep trying by reloading start till you hit your old one.
CS placement the same e.g. Sidon won't be in the same place or maybe on the map.
John

Oops forgot to add all start locations will be reshuffed so thatyou will have to keep trying by reloading start till you hit your old one.
CS placement the same e.g. Sidon won't be in the same place or maybe on the map.
John

If you want the exact old start; it's in an auto save folder under something like 4000 initial start.

When you click save game, there is a button in the lower left that says "save map". I dont think it saves starting locations, enemy civs, or resources though. (Natural wonders yes).

It does save resources and to an extent, starting locations.

What it does not save is Ruins. No Ruins by default for saved maps - you'll have to re-enable them through Worldbuilder

Top Bottom