1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to take cities that are defended by artillery?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by erikor, Feb 28, 2012.

1. erikor

erikor Chieftain

I have noticed that when a city has ~10 artillery units it seems completely untakeable. Even when all the city defence is gone and i have airstriked the artillery to very weak all my tank die every time despite having a ">99,9%" probability to win.

Is it possible to win over such a defence?

2. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

Artillery has always been too strong in RTW. This is why I virtually eliminated them my version.

However, in version 2.0 they will make a return, as corps and armies commanders.

3. Raven Destroyer

Raven Destroyer Chieftain

I can remember a Soviet Stack of doom :scared::suicide::hide::faint: if your problem is halve as bad as my situation was better research Nukes i had to use 2 or 3 just to weaken it

The Reich will not falter no Stack of Doom will stop me :mwaha::mwaha::mwaha:

4. kiwitt

Stacks of doom are less likely in my Historical version, as I make it unhappiness to have units in a city.

5. Raven Destroyer

Raven Destroyer Chieftain

Thats good to hear but a Stack of Doom outside a city is more likely to be a bigger threat So in other words your work did nothing to circumvent the type of Stack of Doom i was facing

6. kiwitt

Problem is that the AI is confused about defending cities or creating unhappiness, so it ultimately spreads itself out over most cities anyhow.