Is it Possible to Take Over the World?

Joij21

🔥Hail Satan!🔥
Can that actually be done in this mod with the whole core region stability mechanic? Is it something only late game empires can do? Also has anyone actually accomplished it?

Yes it's possible. I think with a big late game core can let you do it but I'm not sure. However, I've seen a lot of people surrender when it comes to expansion stability and just go for some different methods by going for other stability factors like economic and domestic to keep their stability with -24 expansion

Somebody did it as France years ago, basically he kept repeatedly collapsing and reconquering the world several times over until he got a Conquest Victory. But from what I've experienced of the new stability mechanics, that's probably totally impossible now.

Technically, that is possible now even as a civilization with a very narrow core, but near the coast. World Wonder Sidney Opera House can be built only in coastal cities and gives additional food for excess happiness in city where it is built. So each transhumanism technology adds 1 :) and 1 :health: in each city, theoretically a city with Sidney Opera House can grow almost endless. If we have a very populated city in our core we can conquer all world without overexpansion. But we also must not allow grow cities outside our core. I think, as Russia the conquest all world is easiest. Russia has a very big core with quite productive lands and its core is near the coast.

Last edited:
So does that mean your nation is more stable if your core population is higher? Does that mean cities outside your core that are larger add instability?

Huh. So what your saying is I should spam lots of farms and growth wonders in my core while putting cottage and workshop spam all over other civ cores?

Huh. So what your saying is I should spam lots of farms and growth wonders in my core while putting cottage and workshop spam all over other civ cores?
Cottages in your core that are worked by core cities count as 1 pop

Wow, I didn't know about this effect. Could you answer some questions?
1. Do cottages outside core that are worked by core cities count?
2. Do cottages outside core that are worked give overexpansion?
. So what your saying is I should spam lots of farms and growth wonders in my core while putting cottage and workshop spam all over other civ cores?
Yes. Even if cottages count as 1 pop the profit from farms is more, because their production is growed with several technologies in the last game. Besides, you need found cities on the sides and in the corners of your core so that they cover the most territory. All tiles in your core have to be covered too. So you get maximum population in your core cities.

Wow, I didn't know about this effect. Could you answer some questions?
1. Do cottages outside core that are worked by core cities count?
2. Do cottages outside core that are worked give overexpansion?

1. No. The cottages (actually only if they are upgraded to villages or towns) need to be in your core. The city working it can be in or outside the core.

2. No. Cottages outside the core are ignored during stability calculations.

So which is better for the core then? The farm or the cottage? Also how large does a foreign core city have to be before it starts to add instability?

So which is better for the core then? The farm or the cottage? Also how large does a foreign core city have to be before it starts to add instability?

It's comparative. How much core population you have is compared to how much non-core. Historical/contested cities give less instability than foreign/foreign core per population, but even 1 pop historical cities COULD contribute to instability if your core pop is low enough. The exact amount of non-core population that each core pop can support grows from age to age; you can check your expansion stability to see how much more non-core pop you can support at any particular time.

By the late game cottages and farms are nearly the same in terms of core pop so I wouldn't decide between them based on that.

I used to be a big farms proponent for that beautiful Vassalage+Manorialism farm spam, but I really doubt the effectiveness now. I think that cottages are just simply too necessary, unless you know for a fact you can ignore commerce, eg, your ONLY concern is basically building/conquering. If you have any sort of cultural, economic, technological or wonder requirement you basically need the commerce.

Since 2 Food = 1 population, then a Village/Town will be better if a Farm gives less than 2 Food --- so, before Biology, and after Biology, where the city already has enough food from improved resources or other improvements to grow to its happiness/health cap, then the Village/Town will be better. Of course, the Village/Town takes time to reach that point, so you also need to consider when you need the extra Core population: Farms for where Core population is needed faster (e.g. tight conquest UHV's), and Village/Town if there's room to sit back (e.g. late conquest and builder UHV's).

As for foreign cities, there isn't a precise population number per city that will make you unstable. Expansion stability is a fraction where the numerator includes the population of non-Core cities and the denominator includes the population of Core cities (there's a bit more math that goes into this fraction). So, if your foreign cities are populous enough to tip the fraction, then that extra population starts to add stability. This is why you'll often see expansion strategies starve or whip foreign cities.

If you mean make all left civilizations vassals, or get a Dominate victory, the answer is Yes. But if you want to achieve a REAL Conquest victory which means you need to conquest all the civilizations, independents, and natives. Further more, you will face respawn which you can not declare war in 10 turns.
Stability is not the big problem. Right civils and good relationship with your vassals can give your a stable score. Even worse, you can start a golden age to keep your empire stable. You can keep your great persons to the late game in order to start golden ages.
The REAL problem is that you will get a dominate victory before you get the conquest victory.

No because if you get a dominate victory you can keep playing after you win and then get a conquest victory as well

The Mongolian civilization is ready to take over the world, yes! Less from their core, but from their ability to not get a penalty when razing a city. That means, you can completely depopulate entire regions and only keep your core, historical, and some super-lucrative spots.

this also circumvents this one here, if you do it right:
The REAL problem is that you will get a dominate victory before you get the conquest victory

Can that actually be done in this mod with the whole core region stability mechanic? Is it something only late game empires can do? Also has anyone actually accomplished it?

Mongolia 1.16 Monarch/Normal.
In the year 2000 I finally convinced the last non-Mongolian spot in the world - the Azores - to join the United Mongolia, and brought the true Pax Mongolica to the world.

Attachments

• Genghis Khan AD-2000 Turn 480.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.3 MB · Views: 148
Top Bottom