1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to turn research agreements off?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by IronfighterXXX, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Ceedub

Ceedub Chieftain

If you look at the xml file you'll see in the table definitions at the top that "false" is the default value for the "ResearchAgreementTradingAllowed" column. Either deleting the line in the Philosophy entry or changing its value to "false" will accomplish the same thing and carries none of the risk you suggest. All the xml files are used for in this game is to load values into database tables. This is explained in the modding guide.

If doing this before a new game doesn't disable research agreements it may be a caching issue.

2. spfun

spfun King

just want to add the Research_Agreement_Timer in globaldefines does nothing at all. Ive changed it many times & it doesn't change a thing. I can increase the cost of RA but not the duration, which i'd rather change both if i could, any ideas?

3. sanjay_111

sanjay_111 Warlord

I can't seem to find civ5technologies.xml file. Could someone please guide me as to how to locate it ? Thanks.

4. McRoos

McRoos Warlord

I don't know if this had been posted, but I have changed the price for RA's in every Era of the game.

For me, the folder is:

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Sid meier's civilization v\Assets\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo

and the file to be moderated is:

CIV5ERAS

Search for research and raise the prices !!!

5. markantony

markantony Warlord

Research agreements are ridiculous.

6. sanjay_111

sanjay_111 Warlord

Thanks for this bit of info, I found the file and removed RA altogether and then enjoyed a game free from mindless and endless attacks.

7. Del69

Del69 Chieftain

I made this into a mod for those who don't want to mess with their xml.

Available on the ModHub browser or down below.

Actually toggling this doesn't remove research agreements. What it does remove is the ability to learn how to use them. Same effect though.

Attached Files: