Is it wise to research a tech a bit before a trade?

gavenkoa

Prince
I ended with some techs and want others from AI.

Say MY tech costs 2700, AI - 3000. AI wants extra 400 gold.

My research rate is 450B/T.

After one turn of research we exchanged techs and I got extra 50g to support my 100% research slider few steps more.

I decided to use this technique always. I think human player should avoid paying gold for tech (except you have to have some tech right now for other benefits). Pre-researching cuts cost of tech.

Is it wise to research a tech a bit before a trade to get extra cash instead of paying extra myself?

Is it wise to research a tech a bit before a trade to get extra cash instead of paying extra myself?
Usually I'd say yes, but it depends on the situation. If the AI you want to trade with is at risk of getting the tech you want to trade to him/her, than paying the money to at least get the trade might be a better idea. Or if no one you're willing to trade with has any gold to trade, waiting a few turns on a trade in the hopes that they get an appreciable amount is a time consuming risk.

waiting a few turns on a trade in the hopes that they get an appreciable amount is a time consuming risk.
I experienced a situation when AI spent all its money (~300-400g) next turn. Traded to other AI with a lesser profit ((

So I not only gamble with Warrior on the forest hill vs Archer but also during trade sessions ))

Top Bottom