Is John Kerry a Communist?

Even if Kerry wholeheartdly supported Ortega severall years ago, this means little today.

No....Robert Novak (Chicago Sun-Times, CNN's Crossfire) was the one who outed Valerie Plame.

Robert Novak being a Dushbag for liberty. :)

Can someone tell me what a Dushbag is ? Is that like a Noobtard ?

These pictures show just how much Kerry flip flops on his issues :mad: He said he supported Daniel Ortega, but he didn't sell him WMD after that handshake, unlike the fella on the picture below.:)

Old photos of iconic political leaders schmoozing with despots can show us two things:

1) Politicos are quite prepared to suck up to anyone to further their aims.

2) Party faithfuls can overlook awkward photos (like Rummy and Saddam) when they use selective memory loss.

Daniel Ortega was a member of the Sandinista National Liberation Front, FSLN, that fought against the Somoza family’s brutal dictatorship that lasted more than 40 years.

In 1979 Somoza resigned and fled to the US, later, in 1984 Daniel Ortega was ELECTED president of Nicaragua. The Contra rebels (funded by the US) refused to accept this.

FSLN and Daniel Ortega lost the elections in 1990 and resigned.

I would much rather shake hand with Daniel Ortega then Ronald Reagan or any Contra.

Enkidu Warrior said:
It doesn't matter that they met, although the photo is clearly embarressing, as was Rumsfelds. The Japanese PM met with North Korea's wackjob dictator just recently, it doesn't mean they are best friends. Diplomacy would get very cumbersome if you completely ignored all the bad people in the world, sometimes you have to talk with them.

What really matters is the context of the meeting. Junichiro Koizumi went to North Korea to secure the release of the children of kidnapped Japanese citizens, nothing wrong with that. John Kerry was trying to avoid bloodshed in Nicaragua. You may or may not agree with that, but it certainly isn't as controversial as some would clearly like to make out. Donald Rumsfeld went to Iraq to sell weapons to Saddam. Personally I see that as being significantly more controversial than the other two examples, but then whatever, make up your own mind.

Basically if you're conservative the photo is cast iron proof that Kerry is a clone of Stalin, if you're liberal it's vile right-wing propaganda, and if you're sane then it doesn't really mean anything worth considering. :crazyeye:

I could not have said it better. :goodjob:

I actually think the photo shows Kerry in a good light. It shows he can deal with the worst people on the planet if he thinks pragatism calls for it. I think that's precisely the sort of quality a President should show.

You're too realistic there, MrPresident. You and I both know that sometime soon (it's happened already, but expect the tidal wave), people are going to be slamming Kerry for this....especially with.....with.....an enemy of America! It seems the only ones our Presidents should deal with are saints (or the New Orleans Saints).

When it comes to politics bashing I got where I really don't kerry any more. Well, I guess I need to be ready for all those million dollars TV bashing ads.

Who gives a crap. Both liberals and conservatives funded commie growth in China and will not hesitate to support a dictatorship if its in their interests.

GrandAdmiral said:
Who gives a crap. Both liberals and conservatives funded commie growth in China and will not hesitate to support a dictatorship if its in their interests.
Apparently, Hannity & Colmes and other talk radio shows after it have given a HUGE crap about it.

Think of it this way....bringing up Bush's records from 32 years ago is wrong....but....dragging photos from 25 years ago is perfectly okay! :crazyeye:

rmsharpe said:
:lol: I'll bet that was a fair "election."

Probably the Nicaragua supreme court have prohibited votes from some citzens to be considered, Rigth? Or his cousin, the governor of a nicaraguan province, have interfered. ;)

Seriously now, Sharpe, your political affiliation is your prerrogative, but why you assume that everything you disagree from is a hoax?

Prove it or can it, ok?

Regards :).

rmsharpe said:
:lol: I'll bet that was a fair "election."

Probably as fair as the next election, which was denounced by the US government as unfair and undemocratic, before it even took place. For some strange reason they didn't pursue these complaints after Ortega lost. It probably confused their tiny brains to see a) a communist 'dictator' calling an election, or b) relinquishing power when he lost one.

Top Bottom