1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is John Kerry a Communist?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by The Yankee, May 26, 2004.

1. The Yankee

The Yankee The New Yawker Retired Moderator

Kerry was in no position to truly represent the US and talk on behalf of the country. The only thing that I could see being done is going back home to lobby for some kind of action or cessation of action.

But don't let that get in the way of things...it's clear he undermined Reagan and almost cost us victory in the Cold War! :p

2. The Yankee

Several steps? This was at least 20 years ago, if not 25....I don't remember whether he was even in the Senate at the time.

And....I still think that Ortega is really Geraldo Rivera...You never know...:mischief:

3. jack merchant

jack merchant Internationalist

He was a freshman senator at the time; there's nothing to prove he pretended to speak on behalf of the USA in any way. Either Kerry went to try and mediate a peace treaty (which doesn't require any official) or to do fact-finding for the later Iran-Contra - something sorely necessary as it turned out.

This is an issue only when you're already preaching to the choir.

4. The Yankee

Okay, so this was about 20 years ago. So he went there....wow....and Hannity devoted so much time to this picture. Remember, that long conversation on the first page is just part of it.

The one time I catch a smear campaign wave and I haven't heard a lot about it since....but then again, I haven't checked back to see any fresh updates on Kerry betraying Reagan and whatever else they accused him of doing.

5. The Yankee

This conservative pundit alleges that Kerry and Harkin engaged in negotiations with Ortega.

For Your Enjoyment
    Bold were some claims that stood out in this article.

6. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

wasnt it Kennedy who first sent aid to South Vietnam ?. Isnt Kennedy one of the most beloved presidents of America?

and wasnt it LJB who engineered the "Gulf of tolkien" inccident ? Paving the way for US troops to enter vietnam ? Werent our friends in South Vietnam Brutal Military dictator ?

Strange how some people view history

7. The Yankee

I think the article was referring to LBJ...though Kennedy could also be implicated...though the whole mismanagement phrase you parsed out suggests Johnson.

As for pulling the plug on our friends (some friends)...does anyone know if the Democrats had control of one or both houses of Congress? Unless it's talking about Kerry and other people that testified against the Vietnam War (and the protestors) that somehow affected military plans in Saigon (I'll never understand how somebody saying something in Washington would be able to undermine an effort in Saigon.....anyways...).

But we can twist history however it sees fit, like you can do with a certain photo of Ortega and Kerry that somehow was an effort to undermine the Reagan presidency.

8. LOVE_Magiska

LOVE_Magiska Warlord

Oh noes! John Kerry talked to t3h communists who are not as 1337 as us for 12 years ago! OMG, he is t3H ev0L!!!!11oneone!!one
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

9. The Yankee

:lol:

Although, I'll admit I got no clue what 1337 means anymore....but yeah...that's the charge a lot of people, like Sean Hannity, would love to make on Kerry. It's nothing new. Just like those doctored photos of him being five feet away from "Hanoi" Jane Fonda in the '70s.

By the way, haven't noticed you around here and though you got some posts under your belt, welcome anyway.

10. The Yankee

I doubt the Ortega photo is fake...it seems well known that Kerry and Harkin did go down there....but here is some proof on how far they want to go to smear Kerry at anything that even sniffs like a Communist. Take this here:

This photo is FAKE! But how long have we heard about this? A long time. Why, it was all the rage as soon as Kerry became the frontrunner in the Dem nomination race.

But, let's go with a REAL photo to see how far someone would go to connect dots.

My, my...they sure are all over each other....so close and everything. :rolleyes:

But why not run with it? A NewsMax article which links to the same photo:

We heard all about this for at least a month, right up to Super Tuesday.

Here's another one:

Wow, once they get an idea in their heads, they sure want to run with it...the theme being anything to tie Kerry to Communists. I'd find it a little more entertaining if they tried to tie him to Stalin, but this is all we're going to get...little points of contact that somehow define Kerry as a rabid North Vietnamese lover and evil anti-American.

Expect more Communist references in the coming months.