1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Kongo's no-holy-site trait hardcoded?

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by Zeronix, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Zeronix

Zeronix Chieftain

I was trying to see how Kongo's no-holy-site trait is implemented in-game, but I couldn't find any modifiers that prevent Kongo from building holy sites or that raze holy sites upon capturing cities. Is this behaviour simply hard-coded to Kongo?

2. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

It's in the xml
    Code:
    	<ExcludedDistricts>
    		<Row DistrictType="DISTRICT_HOLY_SITE" TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_RELIGIOUS_CONVERT"/>
    	</ExcludedDistricts>
    and also
    Code:
    	<ExcludedGreatPersonClasses>
    		<Row GreatPersonClassType="GREAT_PERSON_CLASS_PROPHET" TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_RELIGIOUS_CONVERT"/>
    	</ExcludedGreatPersonClasses>
    I may have missed another table that excludes Kongo from Holy Sites and Great Prophets, in fact I am pretty sure there is a re-direct modifier in the Buildings file that gives Kongo Apostles or something else instead of a Great Prophet if they build Stonehenge.

3. Zeronix

Zeronix Chieftain

ooh, okay that helps a lot. Is the ExcludedDistricts basically a black box that you can't look inside? i.e. you know that it prevents a civ with a certain trait from getting a certain district ever, but there's no way to modify the "raze district upon capture" functionality for other situations? I was thinking of making a mod that razes all districts every time you capture a city using Kongo as the example to work from, but it doesn't seem possible.

4. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

It means that whoever has that trait is excluded from having that district. there's no way to modify the way pre-provided database tables and columns are implemented by the game.