Is late game slow for Science Victories or is it just me?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Cliomancer, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Cliomancer

Cliomancer Chieftain

Any time I go for a Science Victory, building the Starports and components seems to take forever and I usually don't have much to worry about. I've usually got my starports in cities with more than decent Production capacity.

I'd want to suggest maybe having the Future Tech-tech offer a boost to production speed for space race projects (Say, 10% each time you research it) but I'd like to hear about other people's experiences.

2. NN23

NN23 Warlord

yeah i agree science victory is very slow, maybe you can get it done in under 300 turn if you beeline to Space Rocketry (i'm just guessing, never tried it) but i don't know how how wise or possible that is.

Main problem is even if you build like 3-4 Spaceport, which will most likely take 25+ turns (better hope you have mines with Ruhr Valley) the space parts still take a lot of time, in the range of 18 to 25 turns as i remember correctly. So this basically means you will most likely spend about 20% (or 50-60 turns) of your game focused solely on those two things. I thinks bringing it down to like 30-40 turns will be better.

3. NN23

NN23 Warlord

BTW i like your suggestion on future tech. And also you gotta hope you will get some of those scientists and engineers that speed up the space race projects

4. EpicWestern

EpicWestern Warlord

You're probably not beelining to rocketry quickly enough. I'd say in the majority of my recent science games what slows me down is science, not production. The first three projects are queued on top of each other but I get small (6-7 turn) gaps in front of the last two projects. Multiple spaceports is unnecessary. Usually just your capital with entertainment district, all the trade routes, industrial zone, encampment, and plenty of housing should be enough.

5. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

The secret is to get one uber piwerhouse production city up and get all trade routes going there...
    Then buy the great people to rush the last 3 projects.
    There is a Carl Sagan exploit thread running at the moment that discusses it. I do not want them to get rid of this feature because you are right,it's long and boring if you do not use it amd not easy to get that gold to buy them, you need Big Ben for a start

Last time I did an SV my main city was putting 170 cogs a turn out