Is Male Disposability heavier than any female oppression? why

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElmoEmo

Chieftain
Hi guys, just got back from my banning. Apparently, a mod find my opinion offensive. Anyway, enough about that, let's talk about my favorite topic: sexism against men.

So, I just found this video, and by the way, it's not mine whatsoever, I just found it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4E57To2Jxw

And it leads me to think how men have sacrificed heavily in our society, and yes, it's still applicable now, and they're not given any credit for it. Instead, we focus on sexism in gender wage gap (which isn't even proven since there are many other reasons why a man has more salary than a woman), sexual harassment (idk if it's rampant, I know many women and none of them are sexually harassed) and the glass ceiling (there is no glass ceiling, hehe).

So what's your opinion on this?

And by the way, if any of you find this offensive, don't. The point of this thread is to discuss, not offend.:goodjob:

If men have sacrificed more than women in society (and this is dubious) it's because they've had the opportunity.

If men have sacrificed more than women in society (and this is dubious) it's because they've had the opportunity.

try asking the senators in the women's rights department to allow women to be drafted and have equal sentence prison time so that we'll all have equal opportunity.

"We should consider deporting all the Jews to Madagascar.

And by the way, if any of you find this offensive, don't. The point of this statement is to discuss, not offend."

:thumbsup:

Male humans are on average heavier than female humans.

that opinion is the same as saying:
"women on average are burdened with child-bearing unlike men, hence, they should stay at home and raise kids and clean house instead"

Zelig:
Male humans are on average heavier than female humans.
that opinion is the same as saying:
"women on average are burdened with child-bearing unlike men, hence, they should stay at home and raise kids and clean house instead"

The facts show that the average man is heavier than the average woman. It is pretty difficult to dispute the truth of Zelig's statement. If you believe there's an equivalence between Zelig's statement and your own, are you saying that women should "stay at home and raise kids and clean house".

And it leads me to think how men have sacrificed heavily in our society, and yes, it's still applicable now, and they're not given any credit for it.

Big problem right here.

Even if men have sacrificed more and I'm assuming you mean warfare, labour etc, to say they are not given credit is demonstrably false. If anything, the sacrifices made by women are given far less acclaim than those of men.

Big problem right here.

Even if men have sacrificed more and I'm assuming you mean warfare, labour etc, to say they are not given credit is demonstrably false. If anything, the sacrifices made by women are given far less acclaim than those of men.

I guess you mean their sacrifices as a mother? Since I don't know anything else of the women's sacrifices.
I think women's sacrifices has been fairly recognized, if not overly. You can see there are a lot of white knights who's ready to beat up mean men who dares to raise his hands on a woman even for self defense. And the fact that the media keeps promoting stuffs like "women can do better than men, with heels" and there's a huge noise on breast cancer but no noise for men's issues and that there's a huge uproar if someone says something sexist to a woman but no noise if someone says something sexist to a man means women are heavily favored in our society.
Women are given credit because they are women, regardless of what they do. Men are given credit for individual contribution.

The facts show that the average man is heavier than the average woman. It is pretty difficult to dispute the truth of Zelig's statement. If you believe there's an equivalence between Zelig's statement and your own, are you saying that women should "stay at home and raise kids and clean house".

I'm saying that's the equivalent to Zelig's post.

Since Zelig posted something that is demonstrably true, can we take it that you believe that women should stay in the home. Or did you mean equivalent in a different way.

The claim made in the OP can only be made through the filter of selective observations. Also I can see a lot of unsupported claims where the OP expects me to take his word for it.

So, my question. Is there anything beyond gutfeeling that can be offered to center the discussion around?

I guess you mean their sacrifices as a mother? Since I don't know anything else of the women's sacrifices.
I think women's sacrifices has been fairly recognized, if not overly. You can see there are a lot of white knights who's ready to beat up mean men who dares to raise his hands on a woman even for self defense. And the fact that the media keeps promoting stuffs like "women can do better than men, with heels" and there's a huge noise on breast cancer but no noise for men's issues and that there's a huge uproar if someone says something sexist to a woman but no noise if someone says something sexist to a man means women are heavily favored in our society.
Women are given credit because they are women, regardless of what they do. Men are given credit for individual contribution.

If you know, as stated, nothing of woman's sacrifices apart from motherhood (seriously? You seriously can't envisage other sacrifices that women have made to society beyond child birth and rearing? I find this unbelievable??) how can you conclude that sacrifices have been "fairly recognized, if not overly"? Logically it's a judgement you can't make.

As for the degree of media outrage in regards sexism towards women. Why do you think that is? Obviously it's because sexism towards women is historically a far greater problem than the reverse. Huge struggles have been fought to end it and the majority of people, men and women, support this fight and we get angry when we see it rear it's ugly head again. Sexism towards men is a side issue and not widespread or damaging enough to provoke the equivalent levels of outrage.

As for women being given credit regardless of what they do while men receive credit on account of their contributions, unless you can support this with something, anything, without wanting to sound rude it seems to me quite a silly statement (and I'm happy to be proven wrong but that's up to you)

And it leads me to think how men have sacrificed heavily in our society, and yes, it's still applicable now, and they're not given any credit for it.

What the hell does this even mean

Imma drop this link in here anyway: we have always fought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom