1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Montezuma a fruitcake like he was in Civ 4?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by d4everman, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Elite

Elite Comrade

my best friend in Civ IV was Willem Van Oranje, always happy to help me, always allowing me to do things other AI's wouldn't, in fact, I liked him so much I ended up sharing the world with him.

Same in another game, I had Churchill as my biggest threat in the south, but he ended up becoming my friend and permanent ally, was the first time someone as big as me ally with me, usually when AI reach my size they become Warmonger's whom I have to put down.

2. zarakand

zarakand Prince

Monty is a loony bin. He DOW on me when I thought we were friendly and had refused several secrecy pacts against him. He takes one of my cities, and I take it back. No big deal, except for the fact he contacts me next turn with the following demand for peace....all my cities go to him if I accept. Crazy Monty!

3. MickyLuv

MickyLuv Chieftain

Great screenie zarakand. I love the room of fire/Temple of Doom.

On topic, I'm afraid I haven't noticed too much difference between the various leaders so far. Then again, I probably need more time. In my current game Augustus is gobbling up a lot of civs but he's nice as pie to me because of my strength and out distance. Pretty much like the rest.

4. ChrisRoed

ChrisRoed Chieftain

how is that even possible, ive only ever had towns in the high 60s with all defensive buildings and some 20+ pop. granted, i didnt have the kremlin nor the policy (is there anything ive missed?) but that would only give me about 120 or so...

is 170 including a GDR in garrison or something ?

5. Sporhund

Sporhund Warlord

I quite enjoy how Napoleon is always an incredibly nice guy to me, right until the point where i am the only one who can threaten his victory.

6. Revoran

Revoran Prince

Sorry, what's the grand AI?

7. kaltorak

kaltorak Emperor

The grand Act Irrational

8. Revoran

Revoran Prince

Thanks.

9. Peng Qi

Peng Qi Emperor

Monty was totally sensible in my game. He and I stayed allies against our common enemies until all of our enemies were eliminated and he and I were the only two with a capitol left, then he declared war on me to try to win. Fortunately I had planned for this inevitability and had stationed a bunch of troops on the border to make a suicide run on Monty's capitol. He actually did a decent job of trying to eliminate these troops, but they were all level 8 or higher with march promotions and medic promotions, so he just couldn't hurt them quickly enough to stop my march to victory. If the combat AI were a bit better I think he would have won.

10. Arksa

Arksa Warlord

Walls, Mughal fort, Kremlin, Military Outpost, universal suffrage :lol:, basically every defence building there is.

maybe I forgot something

EDIT: It was only 159, my apologies. Still pretty big though.

11. SGRaaize

SGRaaize Chieftain

Catherine is a total *****, I hate her so freaking much
    Not only her dialogue, she always acts superior, even when she is always far weaker than I am
    Which is why she is the first to die, even when I go for Diplomacy victory