[NFP] Is Nihang overpowered?

Lily_Lancer

Deity
It can get +45 strength, so 70 base strength at military academy. With good promotions that gives it +10 strength, +1 movement and an additional +7 strength when flanked.

70 strength unit with only 200 faith. It seems that Nihang is much better than Cossack, which is already a great UU, at the same tech req with Nihang. Cossack is 67 strength and costs 680 faith.

Maybe I shall back for Lahore for being the most overpowered CS.

I don't think so? You need to be the suzerain of Lahore and you need some form of faith income. Situationally OP isn't any different than some of the other insane bonuses city states offer (like Bologna)

You need to be the suzerain of Lahore
well obviously, this doesn't make the unit any less powerful
and you need some form of faith income
presumably you already had that when you pursued the suzerain-status of this city-state

"Overpowered" implies game-breaking. It's quite cheap at 200 Faith, but otherwise it's just a standard melee infantry unit. Remaining suzerain of a popular city-state isn't always that easy.

It is a bit odd that the Faith cost doesn't escalate as it does with other Faith-purchased units, but... I'm not ready to light the emergency beacons over it. It's not overpowered like... +1 movement to all units for the entire game. :D

"Overpowered" implies game-breaking. It's quite cheap at 200 Faith, but otherwise it's just a standard melee infantry unit. Remaining suzerain of a popular city-state isn't always that easy.

It is a bit odd that the Faith cost doesn't escalate as it does with other Faith-purchased units, but... I'm not ready to light the emergency beacons over it. It's not overpowered like... +1 movement to all units for the entire game. :D

Do you do a lot of Warmongering in your games??

Because they want you to put some effort into it.

Monk. Found Religion. Get Monk Follower Belief. Have enough faith. Not get it killed before you promote it.

Nihang. Find Lahore. Get Suzerain. Have enough faith. Not get it killed before you promote it.

That’s sounds like more then enough effort by itself.

Monk. Found Religion. Get Monk Follower Belief. Have enough faith. Not get it killed before you promote it.

Nihang. Find Lahore. Get Suzerain. Have enough faith. Not get it killed before you promote it.

That’s sounds like more then enough effort by itself.

Yes, but Monks don't get better. The Nihang do. So, more effort is required.

The thing is you don't even need to keep this unit alive, its strength does not lie in its promotions. The promotions are cool but when you unlock Military Academy (industrial), you basically have a dirt cheap Infantry that requires a third of Infantry's gold maintenance and no resource maintenance, and your "Infantry" comes an Era earlier, even sooner if you are strong in science. Not to mention, the tech that unlocks infantry and the refining oil tech are awkward as hell, they lie in both opposite sides of the tech tree, so if you are strong in Science, you basically have a super cheap infantry that comes 1.5-2 eras earlier that completely reign the battlefield. The comparison with the monks and the regular melee units are kinda irrelevant, Nihang is so strong it doesnt even need any promotion to be dominant.

There are a handful of situationally OP CS: Akkad, Cathage, Kandy, Kumasi, Nan Madol, Yerevan..
I don't mind as long as they keep it to only a few. If they make all new CS so strong it will be a problem.

I don't mind as long as they keep it to only a few. If they make all new CS so strong it will be a problem.
Have you thought about the new CS? Most are OP, even Vatican city is pretty good... but Caguana?... Geneva + Taruga?...I feel a Kupe game may be in order

Have you thought about the new CS? Most are OP, even Vatican city is pretty good... but Caguana?... Geneva + Taruga?...I feel a Kupe game may be in order
Taruga is hilariously strong, not sure about Caguana though, never seen it with the Batey in my game. Met Lahore twice in both the Maya and GC runs, the Nihang is so strong I didn't even use Llanero and conquered everyone from Ancient/Classical all the way to Modern era. Somehow GC's siege units can all move and shoot in the same turn too, probably a bug.

Top Bottom