Is Perisa/Macedon DLC worth $10?

Artifex1

Warlord
I haven't played this game in many months thought of coming back but wonder if this DLC is worth it, price seems steep to me

Guess it comes down to what your experiences with the game in all is for you. If you like the games mechanics and so on, then these will add more flavor to that experience, if not, well then probably not, since they are more of the same play style.
I personally like all of the dlc so far since I use them all for a already great game(few bugs for Firaxis to work out though).

For me, any civ DLC is worth the money to increase both the options to play as, and to diversify the cast of characters that you play against. This increases replay-ability for me. Plus there are two Wonders with it as well, and both are pretty good. I don't even play the scenarios, although I've heard good things about them in general and this one in particular.

For me, any civ DLC is worth the money to increase both the options to play as, and to diversify the cast of characters that you play against. This increases replay-ability for me. Plus there are two Wonders with it as well, and both are pretty good. I don't even play the scenarios, although I've heard good things about them in general and this one in particular.

This... the more there are, the more variety, and playability... which translates into more interest.
The scenarios are good, in general, as is this one.

I haven't played this game in many months thought of coming back but wonder if this DLC is worth it, price seems steep to me
In the analog world, human beings readily understand the implicit qualifiers that go with this question. On the internet, be sure to provide those implicit qualifiers lest you wish to elicit replies that explain that a thing is only worth the value an individual assigns to it.

Both Persia and Macedon are heavily conquest-focused. If you're the belligerent sort, these are civ's worth a purchase IMHO.

Conversely, you might enjoy having them in the game as warmongering heels. .

The two wonders don't require DLC. I have not downloaded but Persia is supposed to be top tier and Macedon has some interesting synergy on paper.

both civilizations are very powerful. I'd say if you like going to war and conquering your enemies, then the DLC is worth it. If you play a more peaceful style of play, they may not be all that. Both civilizations are well suited to conquering anything in their path. But if you are completely bored of the game, these civilizations may not be enough to bring you back. But imho, they offer some unique gameplay experiences to make them worth it (namely Persia's movement boost which makes things interesting both playing as them, and defending against them-sadly the AI doesn't surprise war much with them though).

Haven't played the scenarios yet, so no comment on those.

While Persia sure has a nice ability and unit for war, the internal trade route boost and the unique improvement make this, for me, also a nice peaceful civ.

In addition to being strong in domination, Persia has Culture game too with their Pairiediazas.

I'm torn on these. While it would be fun to play them (and Australia looks like a fun civ as well), I find it hard to justify the cost of each DLC individually. Although with the news of the new ones coming with the deluxe edition, I'd probably be willing to spend the full 20$ upgrade for all 6 DLC that are going to come out. Hopefully they'll add them as a package offer sometime.

I pretty much buy everything, so I might not the best judge, but I'd say it's worth it - especially if you enjoy a steamroll domination style game - what Alexander is designed to do, what Persia can do, and what the scenario is explicitly designed as.

Having said that, unless you really want it right now, I'm sure it will be on sale in a few months in whatever Fall sale happens on steam.

While Persia sure has a nice ability and unit for war, the internal trade route boost and the unique improvement make this, for me, also a nice peaceful civ.

Bonuses to internal trade routes are actually for military playstyle. Peaceful civs have bonuses to international trade routes :)
I'd say Persia is geared toward conquest quite heavily.

I did a break down on the DLC, and I would say I think Macedonia + Persia is worth it. They are both great Civs, Persia brings a good culture game, and Alex is the first civ that is tuned for one thing, war. Also the Wonders are a great addition in their own right.

As the summer sale did not have them i am waiting for autumn sale. I preordered the game for 35€, i don't want to pay 2/3 of that again to get 5% more content.

Bonuses to internal trade routes are actually for military playstyle. Peaceful civs have bonuses to international trade routes :)
I'd say Persia is geared toward conquest quite heavily.

I prefer using internal routes either way. ;)

and those internal trade routes come in real handy when you own nearly every city in the world, and those remaining hate your guts.

I prefer using internal routes either way. ;)
Well, internal trade routes are great to set up your new cities up and running with food and production. But with peaceful playstyle you stop receiving fresh cities quite early, so international trade routes become much more interesting.

I still use internal trade routes for building important wonders and space projects, though.

Well, internal trade routes are great to set up your new cities up and running with food and production. But with peaceful playstyle you stop receiving fresh cities quite early, so international trade routes become much more interesting.

I still use internal trade routes for building important wonders and space projects, though.

International routes also give you a Tourism boost with the destination civ. The effect can be enhanced with one of the Great Merchants and a policy (Online Communities?) at Social Media.

Top Bottom