[Pir] Is Pirates Gold+ Just the First Original Pirates?

Discussion in 'Other Sid Meier Games' started by HorseHead, Sep 2, 2021.

1. HorseHead

HorseHead Guest

The store page on steam is not super clear and I can't tell if it includes the remake as well. I believe not, is this correct? And for anyone else who has played it, will the anti-piracy features mess with the game and will I need to look up the answer codes pretty often?

2. Gelion

Gelion Captain

You usually have to enter information upon starting a new game. Funny thing, if you answer incorrectly, IIRC, you can still play, just with a much worse starting condition. To your question: every time you start a new game.

HorseHead likes this.
  3. HorseHead

HorseHead Guest

Ah, okay. Thank you. It was hard to find information on how that worked. Unfortunately, I can't play it for now because Apple stupidly decided to stop supporting 32 bit programs on Mac and I forgot about that when I got it :mad: But, now I know for when I get a Windows computer next time (ya hear that, Apple?)

Gelion likes this.
  4. AyCe

AyCe Chieftain

"Pirates! Gold+ (Classic)" is like the original Pirates! but with "fancy images" and possible some small fixes/changes. Personally I prefer the original, which you can play with STEEM for example.

"Sid Meier's Pirates!" is the remake and I think it's even better than the original. It's extremely similar but with a 3D look, more minigames, more details.

The original Pirates! had afaicr only 1 code check and that was when you started a new game. I don't think the Gold+ version has that, but if it does, there would surely be a lookup pdf somewhere with the game files.
    The check questions are actually related to the gameplay, as you have to enter dates for silver train/treasure fleet and these dates match up with their appearance in the game.
    If you answered incorrectly not just was your starting position worse, but the whole game would become a lot harder/impossible - less (no?) crew to recruit, less (no?) traders (I think), bad health, pirate hunters instead of cargo ship prey ...