Is Russia the strongest pick for both religious and culture victory?

Kouvb593kdnuewnd

Left Forever
Both victory conditions are very faith heavy, Russia get the Lavra which allow Russia to build a better version of the holy site in every city at half price no district slot needed.

Lavra also give extra great prophet points and extra great artist points, both are very nice for religion/culture victory. Russia can very well get the first pathernon and if it pick the thundra pathernon it can very well generate loads of faith just from adjacency bonus.

Not only is faith needed for all religious agent but also for national parks which is very important for culture victory.

Russia also have a rather nice starting bonus in that it get alot of free tiles.

I'm not sure how important national parks are to culture victory. From limited experience so far, it seems like great works provide a lot more of the overall tourism. If you have enough locations for multiple national parks, you probably have a ton of theater districts too. In my CV I only had one national park, that hardly requires a big faith investment.

I haven't played enough to say, really. I suspect civs with great person or great-work related bonuses (maybe England or Brazil) will end up being better, but also Russia should be a pretty solid choice. Extra great artist points are really nice, and the land grabbing is universally beneficial of course.

You can plant woods at the same time you get access to parks and these planted woods do increase the appeal of all nerby tiles.

A decent park should give something like 48 tourism with computers and an eiffel tower boosted park should give something like 72 tourism. By a decent park I mean a park surrounded by woods.

Bathing in tundra faith feels preeeetty good. With that being said, Japan and might be a good contestant for the title.

You can plant woods at the same time you get access to parks and these planted woods do increase the appeal of all nerby tiles.

A decent park should give something like 48 tourism with computers and an eiffel tower boosted park should give something like 72 tourism. By a decent park I mean a park surrounded by woods.

Oh, that's not bad. I guess the main drawback would be leaving that many tiles unimproved.

You could always create new cities just for national parks and just spam them, since there's no (real) penalty for spamming cities

Top Bottom