Is Sean Bean Confirmed as the narrator?

kamex

Emperor
Or is it just for the trailer? If its the whole game I'm not sure how I feel about it. He has a very 'rough' voice, I think that a mature wise voice sounds best for tech quotes. I'd like to Patric Stewart, Ian McKellen or maybe Stephen Fry do the role.

Well due to the mortality rate of Sean's characters I doubt he'll make it through the game. Stewart is a great choice and might be a good way to honor dear departed Spock, Anthony Hopkins might be a good choice too.

The holy grail of narrators though has to be Morgan Freeman!

The narrator for the trailer is often different from the narrator in game. Fun fact: we actually tried to get Morgan Freeman to do the narration for Civ 5, but, well... :(

- Jon

Well due to the mortality rate of Sean's characters I doubt he'll make it through the game. Stewart is a great choice and might be a good way to honor dear departed Spock, Anthony Hopkins might be a good choice too.

The holy grail of narrators though has to be Morgan Freeman!

I'd say not Patrick Stewart since the narrator from Civ5 already sounded a lot like Stewart. Heck until I started going on CivFanatics I thought it was Stewart.

He dies in middle ages, a different narrator for modern times confirmed. (it's one of those exciting new features of Civ VI, narrator changes unexpectedly)

I love Sean Bean; he has a great voice and his delivery cannot possibly be worse than Civ5's boring, obnoxious narrator. My top pick would be Avery Brooks, but Patrick Stewart would be great as well. And no, Stewart would be nothing like the flat delivery from Civ5. ;)

The narrator for the trailer is often different from the narrator in game. Fun fact: we actually tried to get Morgan Freeman to do the narration for Civ 5, but, well... :(

- Jon

Hey Jon that map for the WWI mod you made is still going strong. I use it for three of my scenarios. As for a narrator get Liev Schreiber.

Patrick Stewart would be the best, also Sean Bean cant be the narrator for Civ VI because he died at the end of the trailer.

In all seriousness he would be very good in my opinion.

it is not confirmed but I would be more than happy if he is

I really liked Civ 4 narrator. A lot more than Civ 5, which sounds a bit odd.

I really liked Civ 4 narrator. A lot more than Civ 5, which sounds a bit odd.

Well Civ IV's narrator was the beloved Sci-Fi icon, Leonard Nimoy. RIP. Everybody liked him, and it's hard for anyone to measure up after that.

True story (in so many words)...

Myself: "Honey, would you like to watch the new Civilization trailer with me?"

My woman: "Sorry not interested"

Myself: "But Sean Bean does the voice over..."

My woman: "Why didn't you say so? Of course I will watch it with you!"

Women are so predictable :D

- Jon

I think Keith David did a great job on the Civ5 preview trailer with his opening lines. Loved his work on Egypt's Golden Empire.

I would love to have someone like him narrate. Nimoy was a good choice for 4, but when they couldn't afford him for the expansions it kind of broke the consistency.

At least we had the Civ5 narrator for the whole project.

Amazing voice. I had no idea he passed away last year. RIP.

Do you know any more fitting voices?

Keith David :)

See the link above.

Top Bottom