Is Team 3 ok with playing a duplicate leader?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

General_W

Councilor & Merlot Noble

This poll is to determine if we, as a team, are ok with playing a duplicate leader – or if we want to make sure we have our own unique leader.

This matters because if we're ok with a duplicate, we only need to pick our #1 choice of Leader, and then we're done.

If we want a unique leader, we'll need to come up with our Top 5 list of leaders.​

This is a public poll that will be open for 1 week.

After this is settled, we'll move on to polling which leader(s) we want to play.
:salute:

I'm inclined to vote for "YES" - to ensure we get our top choice.

But I haven't voted yet, because I'm still open to persuasion.
Anyone want to talk me out of voting yes?

I would dislike having two teams with the same traits, UU and UB in the game, even if it gives us a strategic disadvantage. I don't have any rational arguments to support my viewpoint though, and consequently I'll hold off a bit with my vote to see if anyone can convince me to think otherwise.

well, crap. Now that I really understand what's being talked about, I want duplicates.

Say Team #4 wants the orange julius - er, william, and they are ok with duplicates. If we aren't ok with duplicates, we will get the option of taking him or not, as opposed to having a shot at him.

Basically, the way this is set up, if there IS a super leader (and I'm not saying there is), then not being ok with duplicates means there is a pretty good chance you won't get him.

In other words, if we really do want a particular guy, we have to be ok with duplicates.

Say Team #4 wants the orange julius - er, william, and they are ok with duplicates. If we aren't ok with duplicates, we will get the option of taking him or not, as opposed to having a shot at him.

Basically, the way this is set up, if there IS a super leader (and I'm not saying there is), then not being ok with duplicates means there is a pretty good chance you won't get him.

That's note quite true...

Let's say hypothetically that your team and another team both think that Willem is totally awesome, and have him as your #1 choice. If you are OK with duplicates, you simply get him, nothing further. If you aren't OK with duplicates, you have the OPTION of changing your pick to avoid the duplicate. You can still decide to keep Willem and live with the duplicate leader.

You really don't lose anything with the second option, you just have the opportunity to change your decision to avoid a duplicate. :)

ok - I've been peer-pressured into voting for a uniqe leader ;)

Let's start crafting that Top 5 List!
I'll start a thread here soon...

Top Bottom