Is the AI Capable of Firing Siege Weapons?

isau

Deity
I'm asking this question after watching a Catapult change positions multiple times and allowing me to take an enemy city without firing a single shot. Has anyone actually seen the AI fire a Siege weapon? The more I think about it, the more I realize I don't think I have ever seen it happen. Any insights into this issue would be helpful.

Yeah, I've seen it happen. They often don't fire their siege OR ranged weapons, though - it's probably the biggest weakness in the AI right now.

Sometimes I think its partly because of our complaints about suicidal AI in V. They've overcompensated on trying to give the AI a need for self preservation and it's made the computer brains appear indecisive.

The barbs aren't programmed that way. They're relentless and honestly the biggest military threat mostly because their archers always fire. The new Polish scenario is kind of fun because they swarm you with hordes and hordes of barbarians. It's a bit of a challenge early on. Heck even midway after I thought I'd taken care of the Teutonic Knights a horde of Swedes popped out of nowhere.

Maybe just program the AI to build slightly bigger armies and fight like the barbs?

Really sick of non stop unit shuffling, attack me already... The barbs are better but they don't attack enough either. Suicidal AI is better than unit shuffle turkey shoot.

i've seen them fire at my troops with them bit never have i seen them attack my cities with them :lol:

Siege weapons cannot move and attack in the same turn (this is the replacement for Civ5's setup action).

On the other hand, I have noticed that the AI rarely attacks with ranged, siege or melee units that are stationed within a city, even when that could help them keep the city...

The barbs aren't programmed that way. They're relentless and honestly the biggest military threat mostly because their archers always fire. The new Polish scenario is kind of fun because they swarm you with hordes and hordes of barbarians. It's a bit of a challenge early on. Heck even midway after I thought I'd taken care of the Teutonic Knights a horde of Swedes popped out of nowhere.

The thing with the Polish scenario is that it fixes all the really obvious flaws with the combat AI, yet its still a pretty easy win first time on deity with zero city losses (and maybe a 200 v 5 unit kill to loss ratio).

It does not give me any confidence the Civ 6 combat AI can ever be fixed.

Top Bottom