Is the AI capitulating too quickly after the Babylon patch?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Mallory the Cat, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Mallory the Cat

Mallory the Cat Chieftain

First play through as Babylon two civs I warred with gave up all but their capitals. I thought OK I’m so far ahead in tech and military and had one or two heroes in my army so that’s a possible reason - but even then, strange cause I have not seen this level of capitulation since Civ 5.

Second play through yesterday as bull moose teddy and both Egypt and France give up everything but their capital (no extra gold or luxuries though). I had three archers, Hercules and a warrior for both. Both civs were way stronger.

Is this a bug anyone else has seen? Anybody willing to confirm?

Playing on deity with some UI mods, heroes and SS modes turned on only.

2. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Deity

This is a bug introduced in the October patch.

Josephias, bbbt and AntSou like this.
  3. Mahi

Mahi Prince

I know this is a bug but haven't seen this issue myself. Only if I ASK the AI to give up all the cities I may see this as a result. But I never see the AI straight up offering me all its cities.

Josephias likes this.
  4. Mallory the Cat

Mallory the Cat Chieftain

Are we going to have to wait till like February for them to patch this out at the next iteration of new frontier like they did with the spies who kept getting bounced out of enemy cities?

This seems game breaking, or at least takes the fun out of the game: I could obviously just not ask for all my enemy cities but I would rather they just patch it out. Don’t understand why each iteration of NF has.bugs that they leave hanging around till the next release

5. Mahi

Mahi Prince

Firaxis' "no hot-fix policy" is truely disgusting.

6. AntSou

AntSou Deity

Next Pack is January, but hopefully it's patched in the next update in December.

7. Zaimejs

Zaimejs Emperor

They actually offer the ctiies or you ask for them and they give them up? This is unclear to me. I need to test this!

8. AlannaT

AlannaT Chieftain

For me it's like this: They ask for peace. I add a bunch of stuff to the deal and they don't like it. I click "Make this deal agreeable" (or however that's called). The deal stays exactly the same but suddenly they are willing to accept.
    Once I noticed I stopped using this button to avoid this bug.

Earl of Pembroke and Mahi like this.