1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the AI Stupid or Just Desperate?

Discussion in 'CivBE - Strategy & Tips' started by rtfox68, Nov 1, 2015.

1. rtfox68

rtfox68 Chieftain

I was playing a game last night and had severely outclassed the AI in affinity.

I had 18 Harmony, 10 Purity and 10 Supremacy to the nearest with a 5/4/?

As I was gettng ready to building the Mind Flower, the AI kept attacking me with very weak units that I annilated with some ranged units.. most of the time with just one shot each.

The AI went from cooperating to war for no reason... At one point in time, another civ from accross a massive map declared war on me. It took nearly 20 turns for the first unit to show up. That is kind of stupid...

To me, the AI agression needs to be fixed.

2. Bandobras Took

Bandobras Took Chieftain

The AI is usually stupid. That's how it's been in every single Civ game ever. :)

3. rtfox68

rtfox68 Chieftain

the constant stupid warfare on the hardest 2 levels is just dumb.

I have people I am at war with who have never sent a single troop my way.. but won't do peaace.

4. Jenarie

Jenarie Chieftain

I've only played a couple Apollo level games but it seems like the AI is much quicker to declare war. And especially if you look like you are going to win then everyone will pile on. Which actually makes sense in a way but is very annoying especially when they don't really have a chance of stopping you.

5. EpicWestern

EpicWestern Chieftain

On Apollo it should be very rare that the AI is that far behind.

Don't get me wrong though the AI needs a lot of work especially in coordinating attacks. At least melee boats make it more difficult for human players to defend. In vanilla BE you could just snipe embarked melee units while your cities sit at zero health.

6. CaptMikeP

CaptMikeP Purity's Finest Warrior

Well in terms of naval warfare the AI has been completely mastered. In terms of land wars, they're better. Their tank units and use of affinity unique units has increased and could pose a challenge. Their use of rangers is also a bit of a pain, but otherwise land wars are still easy once you get an army of GOLEMS and an air wing to ranged attack them into oblivion.

7. jozef57

jozef57 Chieftain

i have no answer just got a messages that i declared waR ON 3 OTHER CIVS. NO IDEAR HOW IT COULD HAPPEN 1 TURN BEFORE I WAS ALLIED WITH 2 OF THEM AND COOPERATING WITH THE OTHER, I AM NOT ALIED WITH A CIV THAT DECLARED WAR ON THEM NO IDEAR WHY IT HAPPEND I CAN NOT FIND IT, AND I AM NOW I THE GREAT POSITION BEING AT WAR WITH CIVSA THAT WHERE MY BEST FRIENDS ONE TURN BEFORE?/ AN IDEAR ANYONE LOL. AS FOR THE WAR WITHOUT ANY UNITS COMMING MY WAY I HAPPEND TO ME TWICE:confused:

8. Martin_K

Martin_K Chieftain

your caps lock key seems to be stuck ;)

anyway, i think the problem is that the two people you are allied with declared war on each other. so you automatically declared war on both since you are allied with both. one of them was probably also allied with a third party, so you automatically declared on them, too.

the lesson is simple - don't ally with more than 1 faction (or avoid alliances altogether and only go up to cooperative level) until this mechanic gets changed (or fixed - if it's a bug and not working as intended)

9. rtfox68

rtfox68 Chieftain

I never ally with any faction... Best way to avoid spending resources unnecessarily

10. CaptMikeP

CaptMikeP Purity's Finest Warrior

something similar happened to me too, I was neutral with both factions, X declares war and Y and I declare war on X. I had to go to sanctioned to prevent that.

11. jozef57

jozef57 Chieftain

i think you are right lol. i did not think of this posibillity, i was just flabbergasted lol. anyway this game needs a lot of fixing , still i love it to bits, and yes the caps lock was stuck lol. need to stop eating in while using comp