1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is The Game Currently Unplayable Due To Starting Position Bug?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by kamex, Oct 31, 2017.

1. kamex

kamex Emperor

Although the player can re-roll, how do you know that one of the AI hasn't been screwed over giving them a nasty disadvantage and making it easier for the player? I don't want to 'win' only because the opponents were unfairly disadvantaged.

Also if this is fixable by hand can somebody please explain how its done, or provide a link to another post detailing it?

2. PYITE

PYITE Prince

https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ts-lua-from-v-1-0-0-167.623581/#post-14899962

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/fall-update-2017-bugs.623553/page-4#post-14898029

3. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly King

Use the "reveal all" debug command to take a peek at the map. (TBH yes, it's kinda like cheating, but you're saving yourself a ton of time in case you get an unbalanced map).

Another alternative is to play TSL maps (cos the starts are fixed and not impacted by this bug).

KyivanRusCivPlease likes this.
  4. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

It is indeed a horrid bug and messes with the difficulty due to either having an easy kill for a neighbor, or the AI also getting ahead because of it. Quite a few people have complained about Ais having an unnatural pace (compared to usual)

But yea, you can fix it with the above downloads.

KyivanRusCivPlease likes this.
  5. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

But means I can literally start next door to a natural wonder, and as Russia with Dance of the Aurora, build a +11 holy site before turn 20... (would have been great if I actually built enough defense to hold off Saladin warrior-rushing me, though)