Is the Military Industrial Complex the biggest Welfare Queen in the USA?

What are you even talking about? I learn lots of stuff all the time, medieval laws aren't in the set of things I'd ever consider learning.
Well fine then, how many weeks do you think it will take you to "master" common law then?

It's not like he said he could just finish an apprenticeship welding program and be qualified to do the pressure welds on a submarine.
He said he could learn two languages and master two legal systems in a matter of weeks.

What complex system? i am it is in the same ball game of building submarines. Do you make it a point of avoiding hiring those worthless over priced experianced expert craftsmen? How many youtube videos do you make them watch before working on energized circuits?

I'm sorry you seem to not have experience working with competent people who can get stuff done.

Well fine then, how many weeks do you think it will take you to "master" common law then?

However many weeks I'm given until any trial I need to be a part of.

He said he could learn two languages and master two legal systems in a matter of weeks.

Nope.

However many weeks I'm given until any trial I need to be a part of.
Really? So you think you could not only pass the bar exam in a week, but become a master lawyer? Why are you stuck doing the job you are now?

Nope:

Zelig said:
probably couple weeks for the other thing, since it doesn't involve muscle memory.

So given the highly practical nature of language skills, and how little time it would take to learn two at a time "trivially", how many languages do you speak fluently?

Do you mind linking to something verifiable to back up your first paragraph?

You mean as regards welfare fraud?

Link to video.

30 years old. Been on welfare for 12 years, and is comfortable with it. Why? Cause she gets a check from the government every month. To quote her 'nah, bro, its free money'.

The second paragraph - that stigma on welfare is still there. I'm not sure why you think it isn't to be honest. This comes across as empty rhetoric to me.

The stigma from welfare has largely disappeared.

Link to video.

You don't really know how the welfare system works then. I'm not going to say it's impossible to cheat it, but it's damn hard. We don't have a European-style 'free money forever' welfare system, you have to put effort into finding a job every single week to continue getting payments and guess what? The money runs out after a set period of time. As for other benefits for housing, food and medicine, well that varies greatly from state to state. However, I'm not really willing to talk about people 'not deserving' the basic necessities of life.

That's unemployment...not welfare. Two different systems.

Btw, have you seen some of that section 8 housing? You'd be better off in a cardboard box in a field.

I agree 110%, the whole system needs to be reworked. In my opinion, it should focus more on getting the unemployed training so that they are actually hirable in different industries instead of simply making them look for work, period.

You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make him drink it.

Because they were needed, we went through the worst recessions since the 30's dude. It's not like the rates of SNAP recipients rose because Obamanation destroying our liberties givin out the food stamps and the Obama phones to everyone.

That said, I take your point, we should be focusing on how to get people off of dependency of handouts and welfare. We should be trying to put together programs that focus on growing the economy and making sure the less fortunate among us are prepared to go out and get those jobs.

The real problem is that many have simply gotten comfortable with that level of living. They are more than content to just live off welfare and do nothing.

What do you propose to do with such people?

To get to there from here I think we should put aside the 'welfare queen' rhetoric first. It's really hard for someone who approaches the problem from the other side of the aisle like myself to even take your words at face value when they're prefaced in such repulsive terms. That's exactly the kind of rhetoric that's helped wear down the gears of government and given us deadlock when we need action.

I've been on food stamps and section 8 housing in my life. I've lived it and seen precisely those that fit that term and those that don't. Its an entirely appropriate term for many.

As I said, there is a difference in helping someone that actually needs help and simply allowing a leech to suck you dry.

Personally I prefer statistics to internet videos.

Yes. I'd need more than a week, but as someone with no legal experience, I still know that trials aren't scheduled that quickly.

So you think you could not only pass the bar exam in a week

No, I don't bother with certifications.

become a master lawyer?

"Master lawyer" isn't a thing.

Why are you stuck doing the job you are now?

Because it's better than being a lawyer.

I didn't say anything about languages, you're the one who brought that up out of nowhere.

Well than you're either an idiot or a liar.

No, I don't bother with certifications.
Well then you clearly don't understand Common Law.

"Master lawyer" isn't a thing.
You don't do certifications but you refuse to recognize something exists if it's not an official title.

Because it's better than being a lawyer.
Really? How much do you make? How many hours do you work? What's your health coverage like?

I didn't say anything about languages, you're the one who brought that up out of nowhere.
You did, in fact, say something about languages even if you didn't comprehend that. It's not out of nowhere, and it is in fact trivially easy to figure out what languages factor in to this and how.

Go on, a simple demonstration of how easy it is: Why do you need language skills to master Brehon law? This is an actually simple, trivial matter to understand, and you can't do it.

Well than you're either an idiot or a liar.

Seems you only have experience with those types of people.

Well then you clearly don't understand Common Law.

Don't need certifications to represent myself.

You don't do certifications but you refuse to recognize something exists if it's not an official title.

Because "master lawyer" is a silly title. When specifications are in place, "master anything" is irrelevant, you just need to be competent enough to get the job done.

Really? How much do you make? How many hours do you work? What's your health coverage like?

I'm virtuous enough not to talk publicly about it.

You did, in fact, say something about languages

Nope.

Go on, a simple demonstration of how easy it is: Why do you need language skills to master Brehon law?

The entire context of the discussion was about learning stuff given appropriate documentation, which is by definition going to be in a language I understand. Get with the comprehension, yo.

I am starting to understand what fast food employees don't value education or skill, Zelig is the archtype for their mindset apparently.

This is now a baldfaced lie, rather than an ordinary mistake.

The entire context of the discussion was about learning stuff given appropriate documentation, which is by definition going to be in a language I understand. Get with the comprehension, yo.
No, it is not, and besides that you are now claiming there is no text in the English language that will let you read and understand these language, but also a misuse of the term "by definition" since "by definition" the proper documentation would be in another language.

The real question is if its so trivially easy for Zelig to be a lawyer or a doctor (all that medical knowledge is in books too), why isn't he?

This is now a baldfaced lie, rather than an ordinary mistake.

Well that seems to be a lie.

No, it is not, and besides that you are now claiming there is no text in the English language that will let you read and understand these language, but also a misuse of the term "by definition" since "by definition" the proper documentation would be in another language.

No, "appropriate" does not mean "in a language the recipient doesn't understand". Sorry.

I am starting to understand what fast food employees don't value education or skill, Zelig is the archtype for their mindset apparently.

I'm not really sure what your point is, I've never worked in fast food, and place utmost value upon education and skill. It's experience which is generally overvalued.

The real question is if its so trivially easy for Zelig to be a lawyer or a doctor (all that medical knowledge is in books too), why isn't he?

Because I have no interest or being either a lawyer or a doctor.

Because he has a better job that he is too "virtuous" to share the details of with us.

Well that seems to be a lie.
Perhaps. But it's not. I could demonstrate this claim to you, if you like, if you admit that the reasons for your falsehood and my truth are beyond your grasp despite being plentifully documented.

No, "appropriate" does not mean "in a language the recipient doesn't understand". Sorry.
The recipient does understand it. You do not.

Perhaps. But it's not. I could demonstrate this claim to you, if you like, if you admit that the reasons for your falsehood and my truth are beyond your grasp despite being plentifully documented.

Stringing together words in what must sound fancy to you doesn't change anything.

The recipient does understand it. You do not.

I'm the recipient. If the documentation isn't in a language I understand, it's not appropriate, by definition.

Why do you bother with compensation? Surely one with such excellent and all encompassing skills is beyond the need for money.

I don't want to upset the free market.

Stringing together words in what must sound fancy to you doesn't change anything.
Is English beyond you comprehension as well? You can master legalese in a week but you can't master a basic sentence?

You've made a specific claim about the nature of Brehon Law. One that is false. I admit you probably do not understand your error, but your error is simple to correct with literally a minute or so of research.

I am still willing to spell the whole confusing matter out for you, because I recognize that even though you have access to materials that would also make this matter clear to you, I understand that that is not enough for you to achieve competency in this matter.

However, if you do not admit that you've made a mistake, that will mean you are insisting your factual statement is truthful.

I'm the recipient.
Really? You may again be making factual claims you do not understand. Do you want me to take your claims at face value, or would you like me to try to understand what you think you said?

If the documentation isn't in a language I understand, it's not appropriate, by definition.
Really? You personally are the metric of what's appropriate documentation? So all civilizations prior to oh, about 1600 let's say, and the vast majority of the world have no idea what they're doing when they document things. And even if something is written in English, if you simply don't understand it, it's no good. So when you were five, the details of those Nuclear Submarines were not properly documented?