1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the Military Industrial Complex the biggest Welfare Queen in the USA?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Murky, Aug 8, 2013.

1. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

I think if we put Jeff Gannon in charge of sub marines, we are set for a while.

2. ParkCungHee

ParkCungHee Deity

Well fine then, how many weeks do you think it will take you to "master" common law then?

3. ParkCungHee

ParkCungHee Deity

He said he could learn two languages and master two legal systems in a matter of weeks.

4. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

I'm sorry you seem to not have experience working with competent people who can get stuff done.

However many weeks I'm given until any trial I need to be a part of.

Nope.

5. ParkCungHee

ParkCungHee Deity

Really? So you think you could not only pass the bar exam in a week, but become a master lawyer? Why are you stuck doing the job you are now?

Nope:

So given the highly practical nature of language skills, and how little time it would take to learn two at a time "trivially", how many languages do you speak fluently?

6. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

You mean as regards welfare fraud?

Link to video.

30 years old. Been on welfare for 12 years, and is comfortable with it. Why? Cause she gets a check from the government every month. To quote her 'nah, bro, its free money'.

The stigma from welfare has largely disappeared.

Link to video.

That's unemployment...not welfare. Two different systems.

Btw, have you seen some of that section 8 housing? You'd be better off in a cardboard box in a field.

You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make him drink it.

The real problem is that many have simply gotten comfortable with that level of living. They are more than content to just live off welfare and do nothing.

What do you propose to do with such people?

I've been on food stamps and section 8 housing in my life. I've lived it and seen precisely those that fit that term and those that don't. Its an entirely appropriate term for many.

As I said, there is a difference in helping someone that actually needs help and simply allowing a leech to suck you dry.

7. SS-18 ICBM

SS-18 ICBM Oscillator

Personally I prefer statistics to internet videos.

8. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

Yes. I'd need more than a week, but as someone with no legal experience, I still know that trials aren't scheduled that quickly.

No, I don't bother with certifications.

"Master lawyer" isn't a thing.

Because it's better than being a lawyer.

I didn't say anything about languages, you're the one who brought that up out of nowhere.

9. ParkCungHee

ParkCungHee Deity

Well than you're either an idiot or a liar.

Well then you clearly don't understand Common Law.

You don't do certifications but you refuse to recognize something exists if it's not an official title.

Really? How much do you make? How many hours do you work? What's your health coverage like?

You did, in fact, say something about languages even if you didn't comprehend that. It's not out of nowhere, and it is in fact trivially easy to figure out what languages factor in to this and how.

Go on, a simple demonstration of how easy it is: Why do you need language skills to master Brehon law? This is an actually simple, trivial matter to understand, and you can't do it.

10. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

Seems you only have experience with those types of people.

Don't need certifications to represent myself.

Because "master lawyer" is a silly title. When specifications are in place, "master anything" is irrelevant, you just need to be competent enough to get the job done.

I'm virtuous enough not to talk publicly about it.

Nope.

The entire context of the discussion was about learning stuff given appropriate documentation, which is by definition going to be in a language I understand. Get with the comprehension, yo.

11. Patroklos

Patroklos Deity

I am starting to understand what fast food employees don't value education or skill, Zelig is the archtype for their mindset apparently.

12. ParkCungHee

ParkCungHee Deity

This is now a baldfaced lie, rather than an ordinary mistake.

No, it is not, and besides that you are now claiming there is no text in the English language that will let you read and understand these language, but also a misuse of the term "by definition" since "by definition" the proper documentation would be in another language.

13. Patroklos

Patroklos Deity

The real question is if its so trivially easy for Zelig to be a lawyer or a doctor (all that medical knowledge is in books too), why isn't he?

14. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

Well that seems to be a lie.

No, "appropriate" does not mean "in a language the recipient doesn't understand". Sorry.

I'm not really sure what your point is, I've never worked in fast food, and place utmost value upon education and skill. It's experience which is generally overvalued.

Because I have no interest or being either a lawyer or a doctor.

15. ParkCungHee

ParkCungHee Deity

Because he has a better job that he is too "virtuous" to share the details of with us.

16. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

Details of my compensation, yes, which seems to be the only thing you're interested in.

17. ParkCungHee

ParkCungHee Deity

Perhaps. But it's not. I could demonstrate this claim to you, if you like, if you admit that the reasons for your falsehood and my truth are beyond your grasp despite being plentifully documented.

The recipient does understand it. You do not.

18. ParkCungHee

ParkCungHee Deity

Why do you bother with compensation? Surely one with such excellent and all encompassing skills is beyond the need for money.

19. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

Stringing together words in what must sound fancy to you doesn't change anything.

I'm the recipient. If the documentation isn't in a language I understand, it's not appropriate, by definition.

I don't want to upset the free market.

20. ParkCungHee

ParkCungHee Deity

Is English beyond you comprehension as well? You can master legalese in a week but you can't master a basic sentence?

You've made a specific claim about the nature of Brehon Law. One that is false. I admit you probably do not understand your error, but your error is simple to correct with literally a minute or so of research.

I am still willing to spell the whole confusing matter out for you, because I recognize that even though you have access to materials that would also make this matter clear to you, I understand that that is not enough for you to achieve competency in this matter.

However, if you do not admit that you've made a mistake, that will mean you are insisting your factual statement is truthful.

Really? You may again be making factual claims you do not understand. Do you want me to take your claims at face value, or would you like me to try to understand what you think you said?

Really? You personally are the metric of what's appropriate documentation? So all civilizations prior to oh, about 1600 let's say, and the vast majority of the world have no idea what they're doing when they document things. And even if something is written in English, if you simply don't understand it, it's no good. So when you were five, the details of those Nuclear Submarines were not properly documented?