Is the Multiplayer AI the same as the Single player AI?

In Civ V, the multiplayer AI was horribly passive and backward, even on Immortal/Deity, making a team game of a couple of humans vs the AI much easier than it should have been.

Any idea whether there's a similar problem in Civ VI? I've only done a couple games so far with a buddy but it looks like there might be a similar issue ...

In Civ V, the multiplayer AI was horribly passive and backward, even on Immortal/Deity, making a team game of a couple of humans vs the AI much easier than it should have been.

Any idea whether there's a similar problem in Civ VI? I've only done a couple games so far with a buddy but it looks like there might be a similar issue ...

I highly doubt they wrote a completely separate AI for MP.

I highly doubt they wrote a completely separate AI for MP.
I don't think they wrote an entirely separate AI for Civ V, either, but it was quite, quite lame. Something was different. There were mods to the effect of changing it in MP so that it was the same in SP.

Yes it is the same, unlike in civ5 where it was different code.

The AI will now talk to you in MP. You get an alert and have to click it. Basically like the mod that most people used for civ5

I'm not convinced that the MP difficulty matches up with SP yet -- played two games so far on Immortal difficulty and at year 250 or so the best performing AI has maybe 50 science a turn, which is amazingly lame. The MP AI is a lot more willing to go to war, will talk to you, etc., but ...

GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY! Started an MP with two humans and six AIs, all Immortal difficulty. The AI started with extra settlers, gets the usual combat advantage, etc. The problem was starting with the AI on a lower difficulty, which I thought is how things worked in Civ V, at least -- nope.

Top Bottom