1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the patch going to coincide with the DLC?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Infiltrator, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Chieftain

Haven't seen it answered. I'd like to play the Mongols, but the AI as of now is so underwhelming I'd rather not have super easy mode with a horsemen civ.

2. AlpsStranger

AlpsStranger Jump jump on the tiger!

Last official thing we heard was "as early as this week" with a significant chance of it slipping. It is not inconceivable that we'll have the DLC prior to the patch.

3. DarkMaster

DarkMaster Chieftain

Yesterday Greg updated the page and said that the ETA still stands, so I imagine we will still get it this week.

4. AlpsStranger

Sweet, didn't realize that. Should be at least a bit more fun with more of the bugs squashed. Deleting buildings is also going to be very handy.

5. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Chieftain

Waiting on the patch before I play again. Can't come soon enough. I imagine it'll make the game at least a tiny bit more bearable for me, so I have hope it might yet lead me to want to play more Civ. As it stands I'm spending more time on forums (CFC and 2K) and watching Youtube videos of cats, Starcraft 2 Let's plays, and documentaries. Lol.

6. V. Soma

V. Soma CFC Staff

Lets say the patch comes this week...
    ...in practice, can it be as late as weekend, or it is more likely to happen on a workday...?

7. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Chieftain

I've been a gamer for a long while, I can't remember the last time I've seen a weekend patch.

8. Horizons

Horizons King of the Ring

The patch will not be released alongside the DLC. :(

9. AlpsStranger

Seconded. I'd say it is today or tomorrow or we aren't getting it this week.