1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the Zulu winnable on SFA on Deity?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Sharples, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Sharples

Sharples Prince

Scramble For Afrcia scenario, I literally cannot find a way to win as the Zulu past Emperor, the city defenses are worthless for the Zulu, meaning a Rifled cannon can just do 100 damage to the city, they're even stronger than your Impis, Riflemen just walk on your Impis even if you fortify them because they're backed up by ranged units, I cannot stop Portugal or England to stop DOW'ing me and most of the time it's a mutual DOW.

How to stop and actually win this scernaio as the Zulu? I watched Madjinns play Zulu on Deity and he had troubles himself doing it.

Helps!

2. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

Upgrade the impies to attack the riflemen. Don't be foolish and send impies to musketmen, even worst riflemen.

3. Sharples

Sharples Prince

You can't upgrade units on this scenario, you're stuck with Medevil Tecnhology while every other Civ gets Industrial Technolgy, the only thing you can do is earn XP and promote your units, but even then they're not up to the task of defending, they simply keep getting killed by ranged units, and I cannot shoot them down because they're either too far or too strong to kill.

4. victorpras

victorpras Chieftain

I would suggest building 2-3 cities in the middle of Africa where it has a more defensible terrain. Build your guilds and put your great works there. Ignore your capital (you can still win this scenario even if you lose your cap), it's too costly to defend it once a Euro civ DoW you, those SotL will destroy any unit around the city.

5. Winsling

Winsling Chieftain

When an Impi defends it doesn't get the benefit of its ranged attack. Doubt that'll make the difference, but I wanted to point it out.

6. Sharples

Sharples Prince

I tried that, the Belgiums just join in and start harrassing the city too, probably Germany if they're up to it.

Also I just tried SFA with Ottomans on Emperor, I tried to bribe Italy to take Egypt over so if they ever got the Suez, I could just declare war on Italy and clean up, but they didn't want war with Egpyt, instead they Itlay DOW'd me on turn 1 and conqured all my cities on turn 10, pretty sure Ottomans in this campaign are just to give the Italians the head start... lol...