is there a ban mod for civs?

Timally

Chieftain
I usually pick civs to play against as I hate playing against Venice, Austria and Mongolia who snaffle up city states. Is there a mod where I can ban alll three and play the rest at random?

The Really Advanced Setup mod allows you to ban selected civs from a game. According to the first post in that thread:

Active Civilizations
This allows you to determine which civilizations are active. Deactivate the Civs that you don't want and they won't show up. Even when using randomly selected civilizations.

Look for the Really Advanced Setup mod, it'll let you pick civs that won't be a part of the game.
Though, Mongolia would be a bad idea to disable. Unlike with Venice and Austria, you can still liberate Mongolia-captured City States, which gives you a HUGE diplomacy boost.
Ninja'd by Petek :p

As with most mods, does using RAS block achievements? Yes, I know badges are lame, but I like them!

Thanks again Browd. Having played enough, I am now in the practice of picking my opponents, since civs like Austria really decrease my enjoyment. I do miss that element of surprise, but it's the better compromise for me, and even knowing the map type and civs, games still have plenty of random aspects.

You can still do random w/o those factions. Quite easy, I used to have Maria out of all of my games.

Simply go into the steam folder and move out the desired factions. Then when you want them back, move them back in.

I usually pick civs to play against as I hate playing against Venice, Austria and Mongolia who snaffle up city states. Is there a mod where I can ban alll three and play the rest at random?

At least with Mongolia you can liberate the CS.

with Venice and Austria they're gone forever. I hate those Civ's.

Now, I cannot confirm this will not mess with badges. I am not a fan of this new badge hunting crap that is forced on us like it is content.

It's not forced upon us at all, it's just there as an extra. I just ignore that junk though, and focus on getting an enjoyable experience by tossing on a swath of mods.

I'm having trouble finding where to put the advanced setup mod.

I don't seem to have a 'my games\civ5\mods folder anywhere...?

Win7. I 'm looking in my steam folder and can't find a mods folder anywhere.....

Top Bottom