Is there a Cultural Victory Bug?

salty mud

Deity
I find that when I build my wonders, convert other cities and produce great people the decreasing number doesn't actually decrease. For example, it said I needed 8 more wonders/great people/convereted cities to win the game. So I spawn a great person, and the exact same message comes up again! I build a wonder, and the same thing happens. After about another 2 wonders the counter decides to go to 7, and it has been stuck there ever since! I am getting very close to the end of the game and I don't have time to waste producing hordes of great people and all world wonders have been built. Does the counter only go down on a certain condition?

Or am I just being thick and not fully understanding what I'm doing? :confused:

great people need to be settled or they won't count towards a cultural victory which is a bit stupid imo.

The exceptions are a great builder rushing a wonder, and a cultural leader converting a city, here you'll lose your leader but you'll gain another form of the cultural condition

great people need to be settled or they won't count towards a cultural victory which is a bit stupid imo.

The exceptions are a great builder rushing a wonder, and a cultural leader converting a city, here you'll lose your leader but you'll gain another form of the cultural condition

Even if I used a great builder to rush my wonders, it still wouldn't count towards the total. And settling them is just silly. It could at least have the decency to tell us this fact!

I find the cultural victory requirements downright unreasonable. It is one thing to construct 20 wonders/great people/converted cities, but then another to build the 500 :hammers: United Nations! Either reduce the required number of prerequisetes or get rid of the UN.

Of course, I could just be moaning. :p

I would, but I'm trying to get more achievements so I'm mixing my civs up a bit. I did eventually win a cultural victory with the English, after trying twice as the French. Even with the cathedral bonus, I still struggled. :wow:

When wonders become obsolete due to other civs researching specific techs, do they stop counting towards your cultural victory conditions? If they do, that could also help to explain your difficulties.

When wonders become obsolete due to other civs researching specific techs, do they stop counting towards your cultural victory conditions? If they do, that could also help to explain your difficulties.

No they still count.

salty mud said:
It is one thing to construct 20 wonders/great people/converted cities, but then another to build the 500 United Nations! Either reduce the required number of prerequisetes or get rid of the UN.

You could always just save a great builder (or steal one from another civ) and have him around to rush the U.N. That way you'd get the quick build without it feeling like an exploit.

Also, converted cities count as well. So, if you have no wonders left to build, just send in a few tank armies (You should be in the tech lead if you have most of the wonders) then take some of your enemies' cities while you build Temples/Cathedrals in your other cities.

Top Bottom