Is there a limit to the number of tiles a city can explode?

Ghost Order

Chieftain
Hello again, in this image why I can't use the tiles that are in the red line? clearly my empire border reachs there, I tried with the other cities near to these tiles but they can't use them either.

Here is other image with my actual empire size in this region and how far my borders are.

I suposse this problem could be due various reasons but I don't know what info I should give to find the possible answer so I just take these screenshoots.

Thanks in advance.

Hello again, in this image why I can't use the tiles that are in the red line? clearly my empire border reachs there, I tried with the other cities near to these tiles but they can't use them either.

Here is other image with my actual empire size in this region and how far my borders are.

I suposse this problem could be due various reasons but I don't know what info I should give to find the possible answer so I just take these screenshoots.

Thanks in advance.
The tiles belong to the city state Lisboa , capture it and you can use them.:)

Those tiles are more than 3 tiles away from your cities, that's why you can't use them.

Those tiles are more than 3 tiles away from your cities, that's why you can't use them.

To be more exact, the citizens can't work them. You will still get the luxury or strategic resources from such tiles if you build appropriate improvements.

Also the culture bomb ability doesn't grab tiles more than 3 tiles away. Found this out when trying a Poland OCC.

I have some pictures on my computer but I am replying on my phone. But I had a similar problem but much more pronounced in several games.

The tiles were about 3 tiles away from my city center. Usually they are districts. And I cannot assign a citizen on them . They like the tiles here are like silohetted out. I guess that is the best way of saying it.

but I just discovered today that Tourism coming from Tiles more than 3 tiles away of a city are actually not providing anything ?!
In the example below, those two tiles have +6 and +8 tourism showing in the Lense, but the "Lifetime Tourism" stays at zéro

Spoiler :

no, I didn't take the screenshot immediately after making the improvement

It is weird since tourism doesnt need to be worked like other yields
Is it new from R&F, a bug, or has it always been like that ??

It makes sense in the end : it's more than three tiles away, so you don't get any actual tourism.

If you were to settle a city, say, on the banana tile, they could be in its radius - but you will have to manually swap them.
This is quite annoying by the way, to have a capital with lots of culture, which grabs a fourth ring tile before another city grabs it as its second ring, it doesn't swap automatically.

Top Bottom