Is there a list of who gives you the best results in ancient ruins etc

Ivo Shandor

Chieftain
Is there a list of who gives you the best results in ancient ruins, burial grounds, villages and camps??

I know expert scout gives the best outcome but how do the others fall. If a criminal explores them how much worse is that from a ranger or a colonist?

I know expert scout gives the best outcome ...
Exactly. :thumbsup:

If a criminal explores them how much worse is that from a ranger or a colonist?
There is no difference. ;)

There is simply little point - no real gameplay value - to configure it. :dunno:
(Who would ever go Scouting with anything else than an "Expert Scout".)

And even if, the differences would be so marginal that the player would not even notice. :dunno

Summary:
It is simply "Expert Scout" best.
All others make no difference.

Actually what else are the modifiers for scout - except it does not trigger war at burial grounds? :dunno:

Actually what else are the modifiers for scout -
It gets better rewards from Goodies and also from Talking to Chiefs.
(e.g. more Gold.)

There is a huge difference between using an Expert Scout or not.

Ok more gold - still sounds nothing extra over the not trigger war. :dunno:
Were there plans to add extra stuff the scout can get/ avoid?

If there are more modifiers/ triggers then the question can became a concept.
Like use rangers too to explorer resurrected goodies, etc... :mischief:
Because right now for sure no point to use more than 2-3 seasoned scout (or other units).

But if you're trying to get them before your rivals use what ever you can find. I did find that native merc and native slave often has the worst results

I did find that native merc and native slave often has the worst results
Yes, that is easy to explain. :)

Expert Scout in Profession Scout (Double Scout Bonus) >>>> Other Colonist in Profession Scout (Single Scout Bonus) >> Anything not in Profession Scout (no Scout Bonus)
This game does not intend that you simply scout with a Unit not using "Profession Scout" ;)

I'd rather scout and talk with chiefs with who ever to get ahead of my rivals, even the extra cash helps early game. Plus camps are very valuable, if you just seek out those the extra manpower and units give you an edge.

I'd rather scout and talk with chiefs with who ever to get ahead of my rivals ...
Sure, that is a valid strategy. :thumbsup:
Just do not expect the same results as with Scouts. ;)

I often find colonists on the map that learn Expert Scout from natives but since they are very far from my colonies, they scout as colonists without horses. If they are lucky and get free xp for Forced March I+II they can move with 2 movement points. What about their bonus?

What about their bonus?
The Expert Scout without the Profession Scout gets just the single Bonus from the Unit.
(Since he does not have the Profession Scout he can not get the Bonus from that Profession of course.)

Last edited:
One more question: Are the ruins and burials etc all independently random or are they interconnected. If they think you've been getting too many good ones they throw in some bad ones to even it out? Seems like it's streaky. Im guessing difficulty level affect them too?

Hi,
just arrived on the forum, but i read it since a long time -> many thx for this mod, its a real great job. gg for the dev team!!

About this discussion, just want to say that Expert Scout in Profession Scout is *the* most important unit of the game ...
Send them asap. 2-3 of them on little maps et 6+ on gigantic.

Hi,
just arrived on the forum, but i read it since a long time -> many thx for this mod, its a real great job. gg for the dev team!!

About this discussion, just want to say that Expert Scout in Profession Scout is *the* most important unit of the game ...
Send them asap. 2-3 of them on little maps et 6+ on gigantic.

Yes if you can! But I've always thought "get them before the AI" I may try to do the scout route as they reap 3x the gold usually.

The Expert Scout without the Profession Scout gets just the single Bonus from the Unit.
(Since he does not have the Profession Scout he can not get the Bonus from that Profession of course.)

There could be a 2nd Scout Profession for scouting by foot. However can the player set an expert scout from Colonist to Scout profession while on the map?

There could be a 2nd Scout Profession for scouting by foot.
Nope rejected. :nono:
Definitely a team member veto from me.

We are not going to implement such "exploits" / "cheats" in the mod.
The mod is supposed to have at least a little bit of challenge.

However can the player set an expert scout from Colonist to Scout profession while on the map?
Why should we even want that? :confused:

Just so the Player can reap more gold without any invest / effort?
Sorry again, but that is just cheap cheating for me.

Bring him home, give him Horses and then send him scouting.
Then that is at least a bit of invest for having your Scout (that gives the best Goody results).

Otherwise send him scouting as he is. It is your choice. :thumbsup:
You simply will not get the best results that way. :dunno:

Last edited:
I would not see it as exploit.
The 2 scout professions could have different attributes, e.g. :
- by foot : max 2 movement with promotions, can climb mountains, travel forest and jungle like flat land.
- by horse : max 4 movement with promotions, cannot climb peeks (because of horses!), only half movement in forest, jungle, hills (because of horses!)

Top Bottom