is there a low-sodium sandwhich food?

Make your own ?

Toast bread with butter is pretty good I can down like four slices of this.
I also like melted cheese sandwich with a lot of sliced olives

cold roast beef or lamb are actually better than deli meats... lamb is considered the first sandwich by the famous rabbi, Hillel the Elder, who lived during the 1st century B.C....tho the name comes from the 4th Earl of Sandwich who i believe preferred good old English roast beef

Can't go wrong with tradition when it comes to food

A sandwich without meat is not a sandwich at all, my friend.

Not really a fan of rabbit food unfortunately.
As a dedicated quasi-carnivore, I can attest that hummus and avocado are both good enough to have attained the status of Honorary Meats. There really isn't much else that gets that status either, besides tomatoes.

Meh, eat it and just forgo sodium rich foods for the rest of the day.

wait, do you mean at subway or when making sandwhiches yourself?

surely it cant be that hard to buy unsalted meat at the supermarket?

Subway is just so unbelievable bland and woeful regardless of the sodium content of the meats. The bread is a crime against baking for one. A salad sandwich with delicious bread and quality cheese is far more flavorsome than any meat filled Subway, and I loves my meats.

What exactly is so bad about sodium anyway ?

I know that there's a persistent myth about salt being bad for your blood pressure based on some poorly evaluated test on rats.
Spoiler :

Scientists found out that a high salt intake does lead to higher blood pressure in rats and somebody made the connection it's the same for humans. But they didn't bother to take the considerable mass difference between an average rat and an average human into account and just assumed the absolute salt intake would have the same result for rats and humans. In reality it would take 0,5 kg (~1,1 lbs) a day to measurably increase the blood pressure of an adult human.

I'm really just curious if sodium is just a stand-in for table salt here or if it has other health effects.

Make your own ?

This is probably the best advice here. The items behind the deli counter are preserved using salt. Even those that are "low sodium" have replaced the salt with some other type of preservative.

You can easily roast or grill your own meat and then carve it for your sandwiches.

Almond butter.

A good rule of thumb is that, on the nutrition data, the sodium mg should be less than the calories (per serving)

Top Bottom