1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[Vanilla] Is there a Mod that allows Wonder movies in multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by Corey Grim, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Corey Grim

Corey Grim Chieftain

Hi!

Is there a way to get Wonder movies to show in multiplayer?

Is there any other videos we miss because we are playing civ6 only as multiplayer (2 persons) ? Can we get those videos to show also somehow?

Thank you in advance!

2. regeneration64

regeneration64 Chieftain

I was wondering (no pun intended) the same thing. Is there anyway to mod this or edit the game files to enable wonder animations? I miss those from single player and would be good to enable them for hotseat mode.

3. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

I tried. Either I don't know what I am doing or it's hard coded. While you can remove the limitation in the WonderMoviePopup lua, it will not work correctly. At least not in hotseat. All it will do is play the speech and just focus on the wonder, without any animation.

4. regeneration64

regeneration64 Chieftain

Thank you for trying. That is bizarre that it will do the voiceover and focus in buy won't show the timelapse footage. Makes you think that there is another part of the files that can be edited to alter that... Otherwise I am at a loss too!

5. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Probably is. I was hoping I could by pass it, but not.

Either that or I missed something.

However, yeah, I can understand for actual game, but for hotseat it should be allowed. Like in Civ 5, where you got all the popups but for MP over Internet/Lan you had minimal pop-ups and just notifications.