Is there a mod that fixes the slowdown when selecting multiple units on the same tile

Mr Jib

Chieftain
I always end up quitting my games when I have to move a lot of units around the map during large wars due to the slowdown when trying to select certain units in a stack.

Is there a mod that fixes this (along with other UI improvements) ? K-Mod perhaps?

The rest of the game runs generally quite well.

What are your current graphic settings?

If they are high, try reducing the graphics quality level to medium or low, and perhaps using the "single unit" option to reduce the number of units displayed on the game.

It's no problem with the settings, it's a problem with the CIV code.

What helps, is tabbing out or closing the game completely, but there'll always be lag when selecting really many units (like 30+) . In Replay #6 (a Writeup, link in Signature) , I managed to get about 400 units in the end, some were organized in a Stack of 200 units, I play on an Alienware M17Xr4 and it was hardly playable up to my taste, with freezes for multiple seconds when selecting that stack.

I play with graphics on the lowest settings and still have a problem. My computer isn't that old either and is a lot newer than CIV.

Have they released the source code for the game now? I might have a look to see if I can fix the problem if I get time.

Might be a memory leak. I found that saving/reloading or just alt-tabbing solves the problem, at least partially. Moving large stacks is still troublesome, though.

Have they released the source code for the game now?

Sort of. They released a Software Development Kit for the game a long time ago, but the core engine is under license from GameBryo so there are some things you can't do with it. It's probably that engine which is causing the problem, not the code that Firaxis built on top of it.

Top Bottom