Is there a mod to disable Research Agreements?

Big Bad

Chieftain
I just don't like them in my domination only games and I'd like to disable them completely.

Is there a mod to disable them? Or can someone make one if it doesn't exist? plox.

I think this piece of code might do the trick (NOT TESTED)
Code:
<GameData>
     <Technologies>
          <Update>
                 <Set ResearchAgreementTradingAllowed="false"/>
          </Update>
     </Technologies>
</GameData>

NOTE: If you have no experience in coding/don't know where to put this, pm me or something and I'll compile it for you :)

Here you go, compiled and ready for use :)
Simply paste the attached file in your MODS-folder, which is usually located at [USER]/Documents/MyGames/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS. (This is also the folder where all other mods appear when you download them from the Steam Workshop. The next time you run the game, the normal mod-structure (as in, a folder with a name and other game-files within that folder) will appear as normal (as in, in the same way as the other mods you've downloaded via the steam workshop do).

Attachments

• No Research Agreements (v 1).civ5mod
    1.7 KB · Views: 115
Many thanks for the mod. :) RAs just make the game go too fast when you're playing with 60 civilizations.

I wish my laptop could handle 60 civs... :cringe: :(
Anyway, enjoy :)

There is one minor problem with disabling RAs: one of the policies gives a bonus to their effectiveness, so its effect should be changed to something different.

Also
Code:
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_WONDER_PORCELAIN_TOWER_HELP">
	<Text>Requires Rationalism. A Great Scientist appears near the City where the Wonder was built. 50% more [ICON_RESEARCH] Science generated from Research Agreements.</Text>
</Row>
The 50% more from research agreements is accomplished via
Code:
<MedianTechPercentChange>25</MedianTechPercentChange>
in the <Buildings> definition of the Porcelain Tower.

@PawelS, @LeeS, I put both of those bugs/flaws in a disclaimer in the mod description, since I had no clue what I would (quickly) change them to... (I'm bad at balancing, usually my stuff is either way too OP or too UP)

Top Bottom