Is there a newbie phobia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poolking

Chieftain
Just wondering if there is a newbie phobia on here, just that I pose a question and no one answers.

Don't worry I don't bite. :D

Nah, we all love each other here, newbies and veteran posters alike :D

Are you referring to questions in the CIV2 or 3 section?

Originally posted by Cimbri
Nah, we all love each other here, newbies and veteran posters alike :D

Are you referring to questions in the CIV2 or 3 section?

In Civ 2, about Test of Time installing under XP Pro, but failing to run afterwards.

Ahh! A newbie! Get him off of me! :cry:

;)

Nah, we don't have any problems with newbies. Except Simon who wants to do naughty things to them.

Originally posted by poolking

In Civ 2, about Test of Time installing under XP Pro, but failing to run afterwards.
Yeah, I just found that question in CIV2 GD :hmm:

Don’t worry; soon some of the CIV2 supermen will be all over it. You’ll get an answer :D

Originally posted by G-Man
Ahh! A newbie! Get him off of me! :cry:

;)

Nah, we don't have any problems with newbies. Except Simon who wants to do naughty things to them.

He likes to torture them? :D

Wait a second, so you post a question, no one answers, then you post a question asking about it hoping for an answer?

Sounds like newbie logic to me. :p

Originally posted by WillJ
Wait a second, so you post a question, no one answers, then you post a question asking about it hoping for an answer?

Sounds like newbie logic to me. :p

Nope, just that I don't like long akward silences. :D

Its not really like it on this forum, but other forums really have a n00b-phobia. They're strange :)

A newbie. Rape him, rape him.

There. Is that what was expected of me? If so, then my job here is done.

Originally posted by Simon Darkshade

I thought you were going to torture me. :)

I leave that to my minions.

No newbie phobia, but they are terrified of moderators.
move to feedback.

Anyway as posted in the thread I replied to I solved my TOT problem by patching to 1.1

he right in the sense that there are many people who rude to newbies because they disrupt their harmony by asking questions (forgetting they too once didn't know everything)

So how long is it before I loose the "newbie" tag? DoI have to bribe one of the mods? :D

Originally posted by Simon Darkshade

Thats our Darkshade ;).

So is there anything else I should watch out for with Simon? He's not gonna try and shave my eyebrows or something? :D

FredLC forgot a zero... You can get a custom avatar at 300 posts. Also, the 'newbie tag' also has to do with the time being here. Eli, for example, has not very much posts, but he's been here for a very long time, and he'll be considered a more experienced poster than a poster who joined a month or two ago and has a similar or even a higher post count.

I suppose the moment you'll stop being a newbie will be the moment you'll learn the CFC secret handshake :mischief:

BTW don't be afraid of Simon, he's a gentle soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom