Is there a point in improving tiles not in a city fat-cross?

azzkicar

Chieftain
I ask this because for military type resources, like copper, aluminum, you still get the resource, as long as the square is within your cultural borders.

Does this apply to luxury or health resources? Does this apply to see resources as well? Currently I have some resources, in water or land, that belong to that category.

It applies to any resource. You get the resource, but don't benefit from the increased hammers/commerce/food.

Wodan

Also it can help you irrigate your farms from distant water supply once you research the ability to irrigage farms by connecting them together.

Chaining farms, roads and hooking up resources are the only real reasons you should improve outside of the fatcross.

Resources can be randomly found in mined hills. I'm not sure whether these hills need to be in a fat cross, if not, that's one more reason.

Reinhard said:
Resources can be randomly found in mined hills. I'm not sure whether these hills need to be in a fat cross, if not, that's one more reason.

I thought for that to happen, those mines needed to be worked before even getting the chance to find a random resource. At least when it has happened in any of the games I've played, the mine had been worked at the time of the discovery.

I could be wrong so just throwing my 2 cents out there. Correct me please if it is possible to get a random resource on a hill with mine, with the mine not being worked at the time.

Top Bottom