1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a way I can make the AI play itself and do automatic turns?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by jpinard, Aug 15, 2007.

1. jpinard

jpinard Martian

I've made so many changes that I need to see how the AI can do without me interfering. To do this, I'd like to just sim the game for 6 hours while I sleep, and then come back and see how everything turned out. I can do this in Gal Civ 2 via cheats. Is there a way I can do this in Civ IV?

2. AThousandYoung

AThousandYoung Prince

I'd like to be able to do this too.

3. snarko

snarko DLLer

Set the cheatcode in the ini file. Open console (they key right to l, on US keyboards ~). Type Game.AIPlay X where X is the number of turns you'd like it to play.

There are also two settings in the ini file which appear to do this, Autorun and AutorunTurnLimit. I haven't tried using them so I don't know for sure what they do.

4. jpinard

jpinard Martian

Is there a cheat to turn the fog of war as well?

5. snarko

snarko DLLer

Ctrl + z reveals everything - including the AIs advisors (there should be a dropdown on the advisor page you want to see).
    There's also ctrl + d for debug menu. One of the options is fog of war. But I don't think this will show as much as ctrl + z does.

6. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Deity

There's also an aiautoplay in this mod...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171127

Additionally, I believe the mod maker has a stand alone AIautoplay (I've downloaded and am using it), but I'm unable to find the thread for you. Perhaps if you inquire in the above thread, you'll be directed to the stand alone. It works very well for testing.

7. jpinard

jpinard Martian

Thanks, got everything going. :)