1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a way to alter the traits of a civ for good? or just through a scenario?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Lucius Sulla, May 25, 2004.

1. Lucius Sulla

Lucius Sulla Gens Cornelia

Like I said... I crave to turn the Romans to Ind & Mil, and the Chinese to Agr & Ind, since I quite don't share the view of those civs, as they are by default in the game. I would also alter other civs, but I think these two are the most blatant cases.

Is my only option creating an scenerio in which I would give them this traits, or is there a way to custom the game so I can start an epic game with these civs with such traits?

Thanks in advance.

2. Drift

Drift It's a boy!

Based on your version (Conquests/PTW/Civ3) you will need to edit either
    Civ3\Conquests\Conquests.biq (Conquests) OR
    Civ3\Civ3PTW\Civ3X.bix (Play the World) OR
    Civ3\Civ3mod.bic (Regular Civ3)

- Backup the file
    - Remove write protection from it (right click -> properties)
    - open it with the editor, find civilizations, change the traits and save the file.

And there you go. :) If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

3. Lucius Sulla

Thanks for the ultra-fast answer! :)

I will do so (and it would be C3C... I must say I originally bought Civ3... and after some testing tossed it to a side for other games... but with Conquests I have rediscovered it, and I'm enjoying it now to no end).

4. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

Just one word of warning - if you're modifying the biq for your epic game rather than making it a conquest, the game no longer saves any game scores for the "highscores" chart. This might not be important to you though.

5. Lucius Sulla

Oh... never paid attention to that, really, just want to feel good myself in how the civs are :)

6. warpstorm

warpstorm Yumbo? Yumbo!

The other thing is that any patches Firaxis does will undo your changes. I'd just play with them as a scenario if it were me.

7. Lucius Sulla

Just done it... it's just too easy... easy enough to not minding redoing it with a possible patch. Anyway... I'm not using patches, I'm using the Spanish Version of Civ 3 & C3C. The only patch I have found is for PtW, not Conquests.

8. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator