1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a way to ban certain civs?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by oPunchDrunko, Sep 19, 2019.

1. oPunchDrunko

oPunchDrunko Chieftain

For single player not multiplayer.

I mainly want to ban Mongolia since I’ve had bad games with Genghis. 9 times out of 10 Genghis will expand to the point to where he becomes unstoppable. Once he gets horseman and diplomatic visibility with other civs you might aswell quit that game and start a new one.

I haven’t seen any options for banning certain civs, but is it possible?

Tuvok694 likes this.
  2. Lord Shadow

Lord Shadow General

I'd like to know as well.

I want to ban Kongo for the most whimsical reason: I hate their music bleeding into my game when they're around.

Depravo, Pietato and Villager720 like this.
  3. enKage

enKage Follower of Zoamelgustar

There is a mod CivBan in workshop. I am not sure if works with September update

4. Lonecat Nekophrodite

Lonecat Nekophrodite Chieftain

No.
    The closest thing is that new game setting and pick a civ you want to, with this no civ you don't want to join the game will show up.
    but that's abit complicated stage.

5. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Chieftain

No in-game way that I know of, but I made myself a list for all civs and roll then a d60 if I'm into a random choice of civs while wanting to ban certain one(s). Still lacks the tension of discovering you opponents one by one, but at least gives you randomness.

6. Tuvok694

Tuvok694 Chieftain

Ban some civs? This is in fact one of my most desired wishes for a long time. Meet Korea and you will hardly ever get a golden age. Meet Russia and you will hardly have room to settle some cities.

7. Linklite

Linklite Chieftain

There are a handful, but none are perfect.
    1. Just hand pick all the civs, but it does take away the surprise takes away from certain aspects of the opening game (no anticipation of who you'll find, you know exactly when you've met all the players & who is left, you can roughly predict how things go down etc).
    2. As mentioned in a previous post, you could use a dice or something to randomised the choices for the previous method, but it has similar drawbacks although it does make it less dependent on your choices.
    3. Play as the civ you don't want to play against and makes sure the option of no duplicate leaders is turned on. That way you can have all the advantages of having the computer choose the civs randomly etc, but it does mean you can't just play whatever civ you like.
    4. If it's a DLC civ, you can disable the relevant DLC which would also disable that civ. There are drawbacks, you can only disable DLC civs and up you lose any civs or other advantages that comen with that DLC (eg if you don't want Khmer, you can disable the Khmer and Indonesia DLC, but if you want to play as Indonesia, then you can't use this option).
    Unfortunately, I've not found a way to disable a particular civ. I'd really like to be able to do it though because there are certain civs I just don't want to be in certain games for various reasons, but I like not knowing who I'll meet until I do. I'm also loathe to disable DLC because there are usually other bits that come with it that I'd like to keep in the game, or at least potentially in the game.

8. Bibor

Bibor Doomsday Machine

I’d permanently ban Kupe from my games. He’s just annoying and breaks immersion.

Depravo likes this.
  9. Banazir864

Banazir864 Chieftain

1. Play hotseat.
    2. Set "no duplicate civs."
    3. Increase the number of civs in the game by the number of civs you don't like.
    4. Add the civs you don't like and set them to "human."
    5. Have the civs you don't like kill themselves.

It's not perfect (e.g. it messes up the start locations), but it works.

10. treedood

treedood Chieftain

Kind of a reverse process but I use the OnlyModLeaders mod and edit the sql file to comment out the ones I want to *keep* in the game. Gandhi gets on my nerves so he's pretty much been permanently banished from my games.