Is there a way to combine "history of the world" from different builds?

jkp1187

Unindicted Co-Conspirator
I've noticed that when I have loaded a certain mod, the old "world histories" and scores from the Hall of Fame do not migrate to the new mod. Is there an easy way to make this so? When I've finished a game, I always like to spend a few minutes review past histories....

Thanks in advance!

I've noticed that when I have loaded a certain mod, the old "world histories" and scores from the Hall of Fame do not migrate to the new mod. Is there an easy way to make this so? When I've finished a game, I always like to spend a few minutes review past histories....

Thanks in advance!

The easiest way to do this is to not use different mod names for each build. Either just put the build in customassets, or in a generic named mod folder (like BetterAI, or jkpBetterAI or jkpComboMod)

You can put a text file (or a named folder) inside, which says what version it is, as long as the mod name is the same, the history should be preserved.

As far as your original question, I have not looked at the history files, if you poke around, you might figure out a way to manually edit them together.

-Iustus

As far as your original question, I have not looked at the history files, if you poke around, you might figure out a way to manually edit them together.
manually adding them is not really an option since the replays are governed by the .dll (CvReplayInfo.cpp) and this one calls the ModName - the only way I would do this would be to force a ModName there so that this does not change from build to build - but then you could not distinguish those builds if you wanted...

Top Bottom