is there a way to edit my preferences for trading/diplomacy

oawiefga

Warlord
In the foriegn advisor screen it shows what the AI civs are willing to trade and what they are willing to trade. Also in the diplomacy screen when you propose a trade deal it reds out the things that are "off the table" so to speak.

Is there a way that I can do this for my civ? I want to minimize those pesky visits every turn from those civs that want to trade world maps or do an open borders agreement. Those are just 2 examples of the things that I want to "take off the table".

Short answer: Nope.

Long answer: No, because the designers were either really lazy or feeling like a-holes at the time.

yeah, we cant use "we have enough on hands right now" in war requests or nothing. Basically, the AI diplomacy is just a way for the human to be annoyed and penalized repeatedly - rather than an enjoyable part of the game.

Although open borders usually benefits you. I wouldnt want to "take that off the table" - spreading your religion, trade routes, etc - all these things can make you coin. If anything open borders is something you can safely exploit on your behalf.

Short answer: Nope.

Long answer: No, because the designers were either really lazy or feeling like a-holes at the time.

Longer answer: it is a necessary part of the civIV diplo system as it is.

Not that I agree with it..... :(

Top Bottom