is there a way to increase the number of religions in the game?

Max is 8
You can adjust values in worlds.sql

I could not find it in "E:\Game\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V"

I can only find worldsizes.

I changed
Update # of Max Religions (mapsize)
UPDATE Worlds
SET MaxActiveReligions = '8'
WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_TINY' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE' AND Value= 1 );
UPDATE Worlds
WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_SMALL' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE' AND Value= 1 );
UPDATE Worlds
WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_STANDARD' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE' AND Value= 1 );
UPDATE Worlds
WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_LARGE' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE' AND Value= 1 );
UPDATE Worlds
WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_HUGE' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE' AND Value= 1 );

But it still tells me 3 religions can still be founded.

Load order matters.
Where exactly did you add those lines? To what file?

E:\Game\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\vp_12.15.ts\Mods\(2) Community Balance Overhaul (v 13)\Balance Changes\Worlds
File WorldSizes

The only file in the map.'

I changed the values on to 8 from the normal ones.
so for example "SET MaxActiveReligions = '2' " to "SET MaxActiveReligions = '8' "

So, you are using the modpack then. I am not sure if this will work this way, or if you actually have to create the modpack again with updated values already in DB.
oki i don't know how to create my own modpack. are there instruktions on how you do it somewhere

@zautos
This is a separate mod that is installed whereby you can add VP options. This is what sub6 is using during load.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/change-vp-options.620079/

-- Increase the max number of religion by 3.
UPDATE Worlds SET MaxActiveReligions = '5' WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_TINY';
UPDATE Worlds SET MaxActiveReligions = '6' WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_SMALL';
UPDATE Worlds SET MaxActiveReligions = '7' WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_STANDARD';
UPDATE Worlds SET MaxActiveReligions = '8' WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_LARGE';
UPDATE Worlds SET MaxActiveReligions = '9' WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_HUGE';

Top Bottom